Surly Cross Check 60cm with frame improvements

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blazingsaddles

I’ve decided to sell my 60cm Cross check as I much prefer flat bars and a longer top tube.

I bought the frame about 18months ago and had the following work professionally done to it.

A longer steerer tube sweated in, which remains long and can be cut to size.
A rear canti brake bridge added.
Low rider bosses added to front forks.
Extra bottle cage bosses added (now has 3 in total).
A pump peg added, in a position that still allows the bike to be lifted easily.
Professionally resprayed a lovely light metallic blue and new decals added.

Spec.

Wheels are hand built with 36 hole drc st19 rims with xt hubs. Built by a local builder who’s done a fine job. Tyes are 28mm Schwalbe Marathon.

Gearing is 22/32/44 (Hollowtech 2) on the front and I think its 9-32 on the rear, both Deore. Front mech is deore lx and rear is deore xt.

Shifters are Shimano 9 speed bar end fitted to Bullhorn bars, with non aero levers. I can provide a pair of wide drops if preferred.

Brakes are Suntour cantilever (se rear).

SKS mudguards are fitted.

Estimated mileage is about 1000 miles.

Not included in the sale are my B17 saddle, pedals or the seatpost in the photos. I will of course provide a nearly new seatpost which is a Ritchey.

Condition is excellent. There are a few scratches that I’ve touched up at the back of the forks which unfortunately happened in the bike shop when being built. But they are small and not in a noticeable area.

I’m asking for £ 600.00 for this capably all rounder. Collection only from the Wirral.

Top Bottom