Survey for Commuters to Help a Grad Student

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Custom24

Über Member
Done- you haven't asked for our comments but thought I'd give you mine anyways- the 'why do you cycle' question could really do with being multiple choice/ combination based as I ride for pleasure AND cost saving AND fitness AND another but this couldn't be reflected in the survey.

Cheers,
Yes, but he did ask "why do you principally...", which forced you to choose the most important reason, which is useful when trying to filter out noise. Otherwise I would have ticked lots of them as well, but for me the primary reason is fitness, the others are just side-benefits.

Ganymede

Veteran
Done but I could not answer question 9 - I do take public transport but I don't take my bike on the train with me, ie I cycle to the station then lock up the bike and get on the train. I think quite a lot of people do this!

Ganymede

Veteran
Actually I use my bike for what I call my "domestic commute" as well - it's the same distance in a different direction and doesn't involve a train. I do that about twice a week as well as the work-related one which is about 2 - 4 times a week. It's in my role as unpaid carer to the elder members of my family, so is a combination of social visit and having to go.

Actually I use my bike for what I call my "domestic commute" as well - it's the same distance in a different direction and doesn't involve a train. I do that about twice a week as well as the work-related one which is about 2 - 4 times a week. It's in my role as unpaid carer to the elder members of my family, so is a combination of social visit and having to go.
same here 2 or 3 times a week. 21-25 miles each way (depends of time of day and which road I can use - one road I avoid during rush hour as it is lethal)... plus the other commutes I use my bike for like transport to and from the dr's (13 miles round trip)... I just get fed up from time to time of people thinking I don't commute just because I don't have a paid job!

Ganymede

Veteran
same here 2 or 3 times a week. 21-25 miles each way (depends of time of day and which road I can use - one road I avoid during rush hour as it is lethal)... !

Crikey, I'm afraid I'd probably drive that distance not cycle it. My APs only live 3.5 miles away! Good on you, and yes, in my view that's a commute!

Top Bottom