Swallowing flies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrisc

Guru
Fly screen...

hannibal_lecter-survey-1.jpg

Had to hold my breath uphill today through a massive swarm of greenfly, horrible little buggers!

magnatom said:
I'm concerned I might start putting weight on, with all this consumption, whilst cycling! :laugh:;)

You are quite safe.....

Taking ants as a typical average size insect that you are likely to swallow

100 g of ant contains:

13.9 g Protein
3.5 g Fat
2.9 g Carbohydrate
47.8 mg Calcium
5.7 mg Iron

However as an ant only weighs 0.003g you would have to swallow some 21,000 insects to get the same carbohydrate intake as eating a Mars Bar!

Norm

Debian said:
Yes, tried that as well, too restrictive for my liking. I'm seriously thinking of cutting up an old net curtain and fabricating something.
Really? Sorry, didn't think that would be an issue as I have no problems with any of mine. Do you put it over your mouth and nose or just mouth?

Debian

Norm said:
Really? Sorry, didn't think that would be an issue as I have no problems with any of mine. Do you put it over your mouth and nose or just mouth?

I think it may be psychological, a form of claustrophobia maybe? As soon as I put any fabric over my mouth I feel like I'm short of breath.

Norm

That might make it difficult to find something suitable. Not sure how your local haberdashers would feel if you wander round their lightweight materials sticking them over your face.

Debian

Norm said:
That might make it difficult to find something suitable. Not sure how your local haberdashers would feel if you wander round their lightweight materials sticking them over your face.

:ohmy:

Norm

Although it would probably be easier than doing the same thing in the lingerie department.

(Sorry, I was trying to keep it sensible but I might have slipped a little there :ohmy: )

Top Bottom