SWANSEA/ILFRACOMBE FERRY.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Has anybody heard anything about this recently. Heard about the supposedly revived service last year but, all seems to have gone quiet again.

Would really fancy using it for a weekender would link to great areas for cycling together.

If the fares were reasonable.;)

It will probably be Penarth or Porthcrawl to Ilfracombe. Google is your friend for news.

There is a ferry the Balmoral during the summer which has run for years but I don't think you can take your bike on it. ;)

ataction

You are right the Balmoral is a tourist cruise boat. A new service Ilfracombe to Swansea is a possibility, but like the Ilfracombe marina development we will probably still be waiting in 20 years.

No it will happen at some point but I heard there is so much squabbling in the Ilfracombe Town Council that very little ever gets done. It's a miricle to be honest that they may be about to get a wetherspoons.

ASC1951

Guru
lukesdad said:
thats the end of that idea then.
You could always potter down to the harbour and see how much someone would charge to take you and your bike to Ilfracombe - it might not be huge, particularly if there are three or four of you.

This chap goes out every day, for instance, at £17.50 a pop although you might have to persuade all the rod-waggers on board that there are excellent mackerel to be found by diverting to Ilracombe harbour.
www.enterprisefishingchartersswansea.co.uk

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

ataction said:
I have a RIB here in North Devon... fuel to Swansea and back approx £80.00.

No thanks I went round I-O-W once as a birthday present in dec. never again!!!

Hi Lukesdad.

You can take a bike on the balmoral although it works out abit pricey. £21 for the ticket and £7.50 for the bike. The next sailing is the 31st. You might have some problems getting back as the ferry sails from Ilfracombe.

http://www.waverleyexcursions.co.uk...BE&arrport=PORTHCAWL&standard=21&senior=19.95

Top Bottom