swap my 09 hardrock?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

weely

Hi Guys,

would anyone be interested in swapping my specialized hardrock sport in white (6months old) for a road bike of similar standard

I now realize that this is what i should have bought in the first place as my commute is all 'on road'

Its a fantastic bike in imaculate condition and well maintained

TW85

Keep it, buy an 80s road bike for less than £100

you will love it

TW85

If you're finding it difficult, look for a Raleigh or Peugeot something you have heard the name of. 'Reynolds' tubing is desirable but is generally more expensive

eBay can be difficult to find a good deal with so many people bidding, I got my Peugeot at a car boot sale for £30

Not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I have heard (overhearing a conversation at LBS) that the Peugeot stuff is sometimes hard to find spares for. Depends on whether it was built before/after a certain date??

They had French measurements. The headsets are hard to find, and the bottom brackets did up the wrong way.

How tall are you?

TW85

I never needed any spares! I think it is only pre 1979 or something that are funny measurements

It was headsets and bottom brackets that were odd sizes. You can't get them for love nor money anymore. Plus the elusive 24mm seatpost!

TW85

I'm glad I just flogged my Peugeot then, the BB had quite a bit of play in it

if anyone wants a pug seatpost, I've got two I would happily sell

Top Bottom