SWAP: Your compact 50/34 chainset + b/b for my mate's Record 53/39 + b/b

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi folks.

My mate is back in the UK for the summer and is finding riding in the South Pennines a bit tough on his UK bike. He is used to riding with a 50/34 chainset. He is skint so he can't afford to buy a new one so he asked me to see if anybody has a compact chainset which they would like to exchange for his current 53/39 chainset.

We need to double-check his bike but we think this is what he has to offer:

9-speed Campagnolo Record 53/39 chainset & bottom bracket. Width 102 mm. Crank lengths 170 mm. Old-style cartridge bottom bracket & cups. Little used. English threads.

He wants a compact chainset with 50/34 rings and matching bottom-bracket in good condition. 102 mm width. 170 mm cranks, but might be prepared to accept 172.5 mm or 175 mm. English threads.

He would prefer you to be within easy driving distance (say 80 miles) of Hebden Bridge so he can drive over and swap the chainsets/bottom brackets.

Is anybody interested?

Will1985

Über Member
Just a point - they would need to be Chorus or Record as the lower end cranksets would make a different chainline to Centaur and below. (Centaur and below use 111mm BBs).

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Will1985 said:
Just a point - they would need to be Chorus or Record as the lower end cranksets would make a different chainline to Centaur and below. (Centaur and below use 111mm BBs).
Thanks.

He did say that chainline was very important to him so that's why I mentioned the width.

He would prefer Campagnolo (Chorus or Record) but if you have any a compatible compact chainset from any other manufacturer then I'm sure he'd be interested in that too.

Top Bottom