Sweat!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have noticed that over the last few weeks, since the weather has been better, that I'm sweating loads (sorry!!!). Got to the point where there are salt deposits on the straps of my helmet...it seems weird...very weird...
I always run hot and often am warm when other people are moaning about being cold...but... feel good after every ride and make sure that I'm hydrated...I'm not too worried and am glad that I can be of help if the lunchtime run ends up at the local chippy as I have enough salt for everyone!
Possible worry...or should just be glad that I can season the whole peloton???

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Same here, I dont mind it so much at the weekend but its making even my 3 mile commute to work unpleasant. I'm fine until I stop and then my body overheats, it's getting to the point I have to ride really slow and stand around outside for a few minutes before I go inside, or I start the day with a sweaty shirt and white salt marks :sweat:

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Same here, I dont mind it so much at the weekend but its making even my 3 mile commute to work unpleasant. I'm fine until I stop and then my body overheats, it's getting to the point I have to ride really slow and stand around outside for a few minutes before I go inside, or I start the day with a sweaty shirt and white salt marks :sweat:

Glad it's not just me!!!

paul04

Über Member
I've not really had a problem, but you could try wearing a headband, and it should soak up any sweat, and make sure you wear the correct top like a wicking cycling jersey(I sometimes us my old running tops)

F1fan

This may not be any help for sweating on your head but if you sweat anywhere else may i recommend Perspi Guard Antiperspirant. Its great for underarms. I sweat when cycling and when i am at work(physical work) and when i get anxious. So i tried it and it really works no more sweat patches. But be warned it hurts when you apply it :smile:.

Berties

Fast and careful!
every where I went last week i was sweating,work was reading 45 degrees c ,salt deposits on my compression layer from my daily ride and sweat stinging my eyes,then had to clear and log a tree up that had fallen so sweated my piece off with the logger,but I still like the heat,
I would rather it hot than cold ,in fact i can't imagine cold at the moment

Top Bottom