Sweating when you get to work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
No doubt when you are going to work you are in a bit of a rush. If you can leave a bit earlier and go from rushing speed to touring speed it may help.

Dont ride in your work top, wear something like a thermal underware top and take a towel. get you top off in a cubicle at work and have a towel down and cool down and a spray of deodrant.

Its not difficult. The trick is to try and slow down a bit.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I was blessed with fantastic shower and changing facilities when I worked full time, so I was very lucky.

And, purely on that basis, I would never ever have considered cycling to work without them.

Baby wipes or no baby wipes, I reckon I would have felt dirty and smelly without a shower and a shave.

Nice clean shirt and dapper suit mixed with sweaty, greasy hair!

Yuk, no thanks.

Just saying like.

A shave? How long was your commute?!

Yeah, I'm blessed with shower facilities and don't understand how is cope without them. Baby wipes I get, but what about your hair?

If I didn't have any, I'd have to set off earlier and ride slower.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Personally I ease off a little on the way to work, to save getting too sweaty, then a towel down before changing into work clothes.Give it some thrash on the way home knowing I can shower before dinner.

Personally I ease off a little on the way to work, to save getting too sweaty, then a towel down before changing into work clothes.Give it some thrash on the way home knowing I can shower before dinner.

Me too. Rolling the last 1/4 mile is a much more effective method of dumping heat than standing around inside your office.
Remove /unzip some clothing, in summer, pour water over your head, arms and back as you roll.

runner

Guru
I do have showers at work but I don't use always wait until the evening and then jump in a hot Bath (after a long ride home)....and think over the days commute amongst all those bubbles

Sara_H

Guru
My workplace is at the top of a big hill, so don't have the option of "easing off" before I get there.
In winter I arrive glowing and dewy, in summer I arrive purple and dripping!
Either way, a quick wash and change in the disabled loo and I'm fit for the day.
I find so long as I'm quite clean before I leave, it doesn't take much effort to freshen up. I even put my make up before I leave, I use mineral make up and it freshens up quite nicely with a quick going over with the kabuki.

ClaireSaud

Veteran
My work place has a shower in the disabled toilet (no-one currently has use for the disabled facilities). The room is large enough to also store my bike and there is also an airing cupboard where I hang my bike gear. I shower, wash and dry my hair (plug socket in a connecting room/cleaners cupboard) and apply make-up. I feel really lucky because I'm the only one who uses the shower so can keep shampoo, shower gel and face scrub in the shower cubicle.
We have we tenants moving in this month so will have to be respectful if anyone requires use of the toilet.

Top Bottom