Switching clubs

Discussion in 'Cycling Clubs' started by Welsh wheels, 8 Jan 2018.

1. Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels Lycra king

Anyone ever done this? I am considering switching to a club that is a lot nearer to my home location, is a larger and more prestigious club and offers more opportunities. But I feel a bit bad about deserting my current club.

2. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

Do you collect points or anything towards something being with them? I wouldn’t worry as surely they would understand. And you’ll get to bump into your old mates.

And you get some new kit.

Welsh wheels likes this.
  3. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

No, but lots of people do. It's not normally too much of an issue, particular where there are clear reasons.

Welsh wheels likes this.
  4. Back in the 70s/80s - the clubs I rode for were understanding when I moved on.

Stafford Road Club to VC Europa to Halesowen ACC. After a period away from the sport I then re-joined Stafford RC and after moving home joined Walsall Roads.

Last edited: 8 Jan 2018
    Welsh wheels likes this.
  5. PK99

PK99 Guru

You could always pay "second claim" subs to your old club to keep the link

6. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

Isn't that only if both are BC?

7. PK99

PK99 Guru

Dunno, but it's a long standing tradition in older clubs.

8. Sharky

Sharky Veteran

You can probably belong to as many clubs as you want to. The only issue is when you want to race. If the latter, you can only represent one club and to formalise this, the practice is for clubs to offer first and second claim memberships. Club awards are usually for first claim members only.

PK99 and Welsh wheels like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice