sworks venge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Mr Haematocrit, just reading your for sale add for the Venge which I am interested in, So the spec is as per your First add plus the 404 firecrest clinchers and sworks turbo tyres, plus the other bits and bobs, can you just confirm the frame is a 2012 not 2011 as Highroad stopped in 2011 I think. Also how old are the Firecrest Zipps approx. mileage, can you also confirm if you built the bike if not who did, and can you just confirm the general condition of the bike and its running gear looks very good in the pic.
sorry lots of questions hope you don't mind. and finally you are looking for offers around 5k ?
thanks you Helen

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Bike is flawless amazing to ride with no expense spared and a bargain imo. Id sell a kidney to buy it if it was a mans size :tongue:.

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Hi Mr Haematocrit, just reading your for sale add for the Venge which I am interested in, So the spec is as per your First add plus the 404 firecrest clinchers and sworks turbo tyres, plus the other bits and bobs, can you just confirm the frame is a 2012 not 2011 as Highroad stopped in 2011 I think. Also how old are the Firecrest Zipps approx. mileage, can you also confirm if you built the bike if not who did, and can you just confirm the general condition of the bike and its running gear looks very good in the pic.
sorry lots of questions hope you don't mind. and finally you are looking for offers around 5k ?
thanks you Helen

The Venge was released in 2011 and won on its Debut at Milan-San Remo ridden by Mat Goss of HTC Highroad on the 19th of March at this time the Venge was not available to the public, it became available October 2011 as a product with specification for 2012.... So to answer your question in detail. The frame was manufactured during 2011 but the Venge did not feature in Specialized product catalogs for that year, the specification of the bike is 2012 -- This is common place and some 2014 specification bikes are available now, the frames for these likewise are manufactured this year.

Team highroad officially ended in 2012 and the team was ranked number 4 in the UCI rankings at the end of 2011

The bike was purchased complete as a 2012 Highroad Di2 Venge however the specification was not high enough so it was upgraded to the spec you see now by my local specialized concept store who maintain this bike to this very day using only the best products, I have receipts for everything and they can vouch for the bike if required. The firecrest wheels came with the bike and have only been used with zipp recommended pads. I would think the wheels have done around 1500-2000 miles as I don't use them all the time, or the bike all the time.

I'm currently building a new Venge so this is up for sale for the right money, I'm open to selling the complete bike, the frame set or coming to some other agreement if its right. If the offer is not right I'm quite happy keeping it

Hi thanks very much for your reply, love the bike, I would be interested in the complete, however, In my search for a bike today I found a new HTC frame set at the concept store in Plymouth which is for sale at £1800, but I think the cost to build up to a reasonable specification may be to high.
I will be in touch once I have had a good think about it.
Helenoutlaw.

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

That's a really good price for a s-works frame set as the retail price is £2600 and bargains such as that do not usually sit around for long.
my honest advise would be to strongly consider it if your budget is not what I have stated. Although I welcome offers I'm not particularly flexible regarding price and have not accepted an offer of £4.7k or a few other offers, as I previously stated I'm quite happy to keep it.

My comment of 5k or offers, perhaps badly worded was more a reference to the fact that I'm willing to break the bike, if someone wants to make me offers for frame set or the bike without wheels for example... I would not let the complete bike go for any less than 5k as you can't come anywhere close to this spec for the money.

S1mon

grrrr i need a 54 and have also called concept store to confirm as they did my fit so im a no go ...... if only

Howard

grrrr i need a 54 and have also called concept store to confirm as they did my fit so im a no go ...... if only

From looking at the geo, the difference between the 52 and 54 is 20mm of stack - the reach is the same. So - assuming you had the stem slammed on the 54 you'd need 20mm of spacers below it to recreate the same fit on the 52. I wouldn't discount the 52cm frame.

S1mon

From looking at the geo, the difference between the 52 and 54 is 20mm of stack - the reach is the same. So - assuming you had the stem slammed on the 54 you'd need 20mm of spacers below it to recreate the same fit on the 52. I wouldn't discount the 52cm frame.

no that is why i called the fitter at concept store as i have quite a high stack

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

In order to the bike to get split, I need someone to take the frame and if this happens not all components would be sold, the bars and stem being one such example. I really like these components so would keep them, sorry.

Top Bottom