T-Mobile dogged by bad luck...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Saw this on the Tour coverage. I bet T-Mobile wish they'd all stayed at home, it's been awful for them so far. But what I *really* want to know is, what wheels are they using? If they crumple like that when faced with nothing more solid than a well padded fat lab then I'd like to be damn sure I never end up buying some by mistake. :eek:

hubgearfreak

Über Member
it's here if anyone's interested

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
the wheel turned 90 degrees then he went up on it and it collapsed.most wheels would do that. Especially little carbon rimmed road wheels.

Skyway mags didn't bend, and i tried :eek:

monnet

Guru
As far as i know the wheels are carbon, individually manufactured and made by a German outfit called Lightweight and jesus are they expensive. They are supposed to be the absolute best wheels out there. On the evidence seen the other day I think I'll stick to my mavic cpx 22's though.

Rob S

Just how many people need to put up one incident on YouTube there must be 11 versions of it!! :tongue:

I feel really sorry for the dog...poor thing :?: I notice the couple he was waddling towards disappeared pretty sharpish...looking for the nearest hole to jump in I think.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Rob S said:
Just how many people need to put up one incident on YouTube there must be 11 versions of it!! :tongue:

I feel really sorry for the dog...poor thing :?: I notice the couple he was waddling towards disappeared pretty sharpish...looking for the nearest hole to jump in I think.
The dog looked perfectly ok! A bit confused, but not hurt. Unlike the ped that Sinkewitz (sp) clattered. Can it get any worse for T-Mob?

Rob S

monnet said:
As far as i know the wheels are carbon, individually manufactured and made by a German outfit called Lightweight and jesus are they expensive. They are supposed to be the absolute best wheels out there. On the evidence seen the other day I think I'll stick to my mavic cpx 22's though.

You can spot Lightweights a mile off due to the rather distinctive hubs.

T-Mobile are using Zipp wheels though they are supposed to be using Shimano.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Rob S said:
3,2,1 STOP THE WATCH! I was waiting for someone (ie, you Mr Sallnow) to mention the Big S. Although you've not mentioned it in quite the way I was anticipating. Drat!

Rob S

Chuffy said:
Rob S said:
3,2,1 STOP THE WATCH! I was waiting for someone (ie, you Mr Sallnow) to mention the Big S. Although you've not mentioned it in quite the way I was anticipating. Drat!

:tongue:

Well of course if the rider had been using his Shimano wheels the dog would've crossed long before he turned up and the incident would not have happened :?:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Wheels like that aren't supposed to be strong when forces are applied in that direction.

No suprise it broke, and if I was rich enough, it would not stop me buying those wheels.

And the tour riders certainly don't need to worry, they just get a new bike in seconds.......

Top Bottom