1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T-Mobile

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Keith Oates, 10 Aug 2007.

1. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

have confirmed that they will continue to support the team until 2010 so that is one good sign for the team and for cycling. Also a new twist for the riders, in the past some teams allegedly asked them to contribute to 'medicines' now they being asked to contribute to the cost of testing. That's one big change of direction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Yeah good news about T-Mobile. Although I'm surprised they are lingering, given their previous misgivings about the sports association with drugs.

How would riders paying for tests change anything? Surely the bigger teams will just pay the riders more to compensate. Plus is it fair to ask a clean rider to pay to expose a cheat?

Also I'm not sure if it's fair to ask sportsmen to pay authorities to police them. Will be interesting to find out the details of that one.

3. Tetedelacourse

By the way, how odd will it be seeing Hincapie at T-Mobile?!

4. chris42

chris42 New Member

has he def gone there then?

5. Tetedelacourse

not defo, still "poised" to join. I think the only thing that would stop the move would have been for the T-Mobs to pull out all together, so IMO yes definitely, but officially not yet ;)

6. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Somehow Hincappie and Disco seem to have been together for ever, they will miss him and he them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. chris42

chris42 New Member

Yes
    you are not wron there

8. Tetedelacourse

Something's just struck me - would they have him as a leader? Or just revert him to his usual super-d role? I don't know of any bigger GC rider at T-Mobile at present - please correct me if wrong though. Gerdemans?!

9. Tetedelacourse

Actually that's ridiculous, one of the richest teams on the pro-tour can surely afford a better leader than Hinc.

10. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

A certain Australian seems to be the one they are most likely to have as leader, so long as he doesn't crash again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. fuzzy29

fuzzy29 New Member

I would imagine that the cost for the tests might be covered by a 'pay rise', but it looks good for the team if the riders are paying. With the fragile state of sponsorship, they need to be working over and above the normal system of testing. At least they are moving in the right direction with this news, perhaps some of the Spanish and Italian teams should take note.

12. their women's team are the number 1 at the moment too.

L

13. Tetedelacourse

Oh aye:blush:

14. Tim Bennet.

Tim Bennet. Entirely Average Member

As a good, but never 'that good' a rider who's now entering the final quartile of his career, I assumed he would go to Slipstream!

15. Tetedelacourse

I always think of the part in LA's first book when it describes LA and big George training in the gym, and them saying to each other "no chain today"!

What a pair o w**ks!