Tacx Antares Professional Training Rollers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cris S

Regular
Hello

Just become an owner of a set of the above rollers.

Now I have noticed what I feel could be a design flaw or are they not working correctly.

These rollers as those of you have them or know them slide in and out and lock at the desired
setting. When I pull them out to the desired setting length all is OK, now once the band
is connected between the back and front roller that side of the frame where the band is pulls back about half an inch, then after a little use it has pulled back a little further and the other side of the frame has also pulled back from the desired length setting.

Now surly this is due to a bad locking system design not working correctly ?

Anybody else have these rollers ? If so have you noticed this or found a cure for it other than sending them back with a complaint.

EDIT : Think I was using this incorrectly, I thought the levers on either side where used to lock it in place whilst in use, and the bolt heads just acted as stops for the right length. Well that's how the instructions show it, but as I have said this does not work correctly, it moves.

I have found that by slackening what I thought were stop bolts, pulling the frame to full length, then tighten said bolts holds it all in place, so therefore the grey levers would be for the storage transport side of things.

I have revisited the instructions and it does show that you use the grey levers to lock it in place

e-rider

crappy member
I have these rollers and have no trouble with them. I understand it that you set the bolts to the correct length so that you can quickly set them to the correct length and lock them in place with the grey levers. I then stretch the band over and off I go. Never had any trouble with them slipping although it did cross my mind, however, the grey levers appear to hold the rollers in place without problems.

Dilbert

I have a set of these and we have three sets at the kids club and have not had any problems - however I have just been and tried mine and with them extended and the levers locked I can get them to compress by applying my (considerable) weight to them with them stood on their end.

One thought - have you got them set up slightly too short so that your front wheel is applying a slight backwards force?

buddha

Veteran
Mine slip every time.
Bad design, I think. The only thing keeping it all in place is the friction (albeit under pressure) between a bit of plastic and some powder coated metal.
I think I'll find some serrated washers and stick them under the bolts.

OP
OP
C

Cris S

Regular
Hello

Glad it is not just mine that slip when just locked with the levers.

Have I got them setup to short ? Do not think so will go see in a while, thing is
they start to slip as soon as I put the drive band on.

As I put in the OP this works well if they slip - I have found that by slackening what I are
designed to be stop bolts, pulling the frame to full length, then tighten said bolts this locks
the to parts of the frame together, levers also locked.

Will1985

Über Member
I have this "problem" too, but there are several ways to solve it:
1) put the band in the middle of the rollers when setting the length
2) if you are only using 1 bike on it, establish the position you want, check the length of both sides using a tape measure and put a mark on the the sides for future reference.
3) know your length and just use a tape measure every time you set them up. I always have a tape measure in my toolkit to check saddle height and reach after adjustments (or when travel necessitates removing the seatpost).

Top Bottom