TACX Exact Wheel Truing Stand?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know the Tacx Exact won't be the most fantastic stand but anyone used one?
http://www.langsettc...id=m2b0s72p4158

Thing is, I could do to rebuild a wheel tomorrow, but I also have a large gas bill, car tax and other outgoings this month, a better stand is out of the question, so figuring this at £44 and a park dishing gauge at £23 plus 36 decent quality spokes is about my max...

OR...

Would I be just as well just buying the dishing gauge and rigging up something with an old frame and a few clamps, and cable ties as indicators, rather than use this cheap wheel stand?

I looked at the Tacx in the dim and distant past and seem to recall that it is ok for front wheels but you have to prise the arms apart to get a rear wheel in - which they don't seem to tell you in the details on site.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
By heck it's gone up in price. I bought mine in late 09 for £28 ish.

Strong and accurate - good for home use. Accountantpete is right about pulling the arms out for the rear wheel, but I don't find this a problem.

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
Since Langsetts was closed today anyway, ended up doing the cable-tie setup anyway...and realised whilst doing so just why a decent wheel stand is necessary

Will buy one during the weeek and finalise the nearly-right wheel that took me far too long faffing with fingers and cable ties

Top Bottom