Tacx Genius Multiplayer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PAul Lacy

Hi all

I am thinking about upgrading my turbo to a Tacx genius multiplayer.Would love to hear people's views on it. Are there any shops ( up north ) where I can try before I buy?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: you will get you answer soon, no doubt!

I love the Tacx it makes the Turbo so much more tolerable, even enjoyable. I do have the multiplayer but have only used it a couple of times, the problem is you have no control over the settings of your opponents so they could be riding with much less resistance than you so the results are pretty meaningless.

You have to maintain a decent speed especially at steeper gradients in order for the unit to generate the resistance required. For the Fortius I think it only starts to offer resistance above 10kph and at that speed it is only about 200w smoothly it does rise sharply over 10 kph though.

avsd

Guru
I have a Tacx Fortis which is a previous generation. It has VR and can play videos of Alpine climbs varying the resistence as you go. Ir has been reliable, a little fiddly to setup with a computer but overall I have enjoye it. Recently 'downgraded' to the Sufferfeast videos for a change.

Top Bottom