Tacx Neo 2 and Carrera Zelos compatability

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJames

Hi all,

i’ve just bought a Tacx Neo 2 turbo and plan on using my Carrera Zelos (2015) on it. However, I am having trouble removing the cassette from the bike. Has anyone else had such issues?
Thanks
Dennis

Ajax Bay

Guru
:welcome:
Please describe how you have tried to remove it. (That's a "no".)
https://turbobiketrainer.com/general-post/review-of-the-carrera-2015-road-bike-range/
If a 7 sprocket cassette (not freewheel) at the back you will need spacers to fit a 7sp cassette onto a Tacx Neo 2.
But suspect it is a freewheel. This freewheel is not compatible with the Tacx Neo. You will need to buy a 7sp cassette (and spacers - the Tacx freehub will be for an 11sp cassette). Not expensive. But I would check with your seller. Specs say 9-11sp cassette, but suspect they can't envisage anyone buying/using a thousand pound direct drive trainer riding it with a 7sp bike (I am describing their perspective and not making any judgement).
AASHIA
1611052149047.png

Think you will need to slide 6.3mm of spacer onto the Tacx Neo's freehub body before the 7sp cassette. I'd be heading to my LBS for advice, cassette and spacers (latter hopefully from spares box if you buy a cassette).

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

DRM

Guru
The Zelos has a 7 speed freewheel, if the trainer is a wheel off one you will need to source a new 7 speed cassette, or take it back and swap it for a wheel on type

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom