Tadpole recumbent Trikes ( sold and withdrawn )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Folks
Sadly I have just advertised my street - E -Fox for Sale and It has been Joined by the Locust

Due to a lack of SPACE BOTH NEED TO GO at 27 th March Both are available

and have to go

The e-trike
Its a serious piece of kit complete with 48v lithium battery , pannier rack , mirror , flagpole and charger

streetefox.JPG

Serious Offers around £1100

View / collect from the Brighton area and viewable during the week . PM me for more details

The Locust is also available and can be viewed at the weekend in Peacehaven at £400
More details are in the build log

regards emma

Last edited by a moderator:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Put it on velovision.com

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I had wondered that too, then remembered that she is already well advanced with her own purchase from DTek, so resisted the temptation to confuse her ! :wacko:

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
@SatNavSaysStraightOn, would this be of any interest to you?

She has spoken to me ,but I am too far away and I think this trike is a little too SERIOUS for her :hyper::hyper:
This is a seriously quick e-trike that is ready for action . :evil:

I will need to sell another trike as well as I haven't got the room to keep them all and I have another couple of projects on the go this year :-
a gravity bike ( based on a BMX ) for the Penn House Grand Prix in June .... http://www.pennhousegrandprix.co.uk/
as well as
The current project of the trike stand for both of the 20/20 trikes
and
an Ice Cream Trike ( actually a candy floss trike )
as well as spray the two finished trikes ( the locust will also have to go )

classic33

Leg End Member
She has spoken to me ,but I am too far away and I think this trike is a little too SERIOUS for her :hyper::hyper:
This is a seriously quick e-trike that is ready for action . :evil:

I will need to sell another trike as well as I haven't got the room to keep them all and I have another couple of projects on the go this year :-
a gravity bike ( based on a BMX ) for the Penn House Grand Prix in June .... http://www.pennhousegrandprix.co.uk/
as well as
The current project of the trike stand for both of the 20/20 trikes
and
an Ice Cream Trike ( actually a candy floss trike )
as well as spray the two finished trikes ( the locust will also have to go )
The icecream trike. Is it a Pashley?

classic33

Leg End Member
I had wondered that too, then remembered that she is already well advanced with her own purchase from DTek, so resisted the temptation to confuse her ! :wacko:
The e-assist is what made me think of her. That and the fact she wants to get out again.

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
The icecream trike. Is it a Pashley?

No ,
this is a home built tadpole style cargo trike using the rear end of a suspension mountain bike modified to get a vertical head tube .
With 20" front wheels and 20mm square tubing . 15 speed with 3 brakes
it will be featured in another build thread once I get the front cargo bay welded up .

regards emma

classic33

Leg End Member
No ,
this is a home built tadpole style cargo trike using the rear end of a suspension mountain bike modified to get a vertical head tube .
With 20" front wheels and 20mm square tubing . 15 speed with 3 brakes
it will be featured in another build thread once I get the front cargo bay welded up .

regards emma
I'll have to wait then?

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hi Folks
The gumtree advert for the E-trike has run out but I will be readvertising it later
But the trike is still for sale.

I have also advertised the LOCUST at £400
The Photos and Spec can be found in the build log

The Price of the Street-E-fox is £1100 ovno
This is a serious piece of kit and is complete except for the pannier bags
48v 500w 25 mph and 15 mile range with little assist .

I need to have a clear out as I need the space for the next BIG project

regard emma

Last edited by a moderator:

Always Cross

Veteran
I Emma how long is the LOCUST and what size chain rings is on it and how many cogs on the back. I only have so much space in my shed so wondered if I could squeeze it in? Could a rear rack be fitted to it to carry panniers. Nigel

byegad

Legendary Member
At 500W and 25mph top speed it's illegal on UK roads. A big consideration for a potential buyer in the UK I'd have thought.

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
I Emma how long is the LOCUST and what size chain rings is on it and how many cogs on the back. I only have so much space in my shed so wondered if I could squeeze it in? Could a rear rack be fitted to it to carry panniers. Nigel

At 500W and 25mph top speed it's illegal on UK roads. A big consideration for a potential buyer in the UK I'd have thought.

THE LOCUST is pedal only Power

The Locust is 78" long and needs 35" width ( clearance ) currently its an 18 speed ( 6x3 ) running 170mm cranks and a 42 t big chainring - haven't counted the small chain ring but I estimate i at a 24t rear sprockets are 14- 28
BUT like all things these are easy to modify , I might have a 48-38-28 at mums
The freewheel could be replaced with a 7speed 32-13

The rack is an easy to fit option it mounts like any Standard MTB but would require a longer front mount - I will have a look and see if there is a spare rack I can modify in the garage .
Hamster bags are another idea that can be attached to he rear of the seat .

I also have the mudguard mounts made up and a pair of headlamp mounts .

PM me for contact details

regards emma

Top Bottom