Tagging not working?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you are watching a thread, you don't get a tag alert I've noticed, only in unwatched threads.

Shaun

Founder
Thanks for letting me use your accounts to test it.

The tagging is working fine, however the software won't send two alerts if you're watching a thread for replies and you get tagged in the same thread. The "reply" alert will override the "tag" alert (presumably because you'll see you've been tagged when you go back to the thread to read it).

If you get tagged in a thread you're not watching, you'll get a tag alert to draw your attention to it.

Hope that helps. :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Thanks for letting me use your accounts to test it.

The tagging is working fine, however the software won't send two alerts if you're watching a thread for replies and you get tagged in the same thread. The "reply" alert will override the "tag" alert (presumably because you'll see you've been tagged when you go back to the thread to read it).

If you get tagged in a thread you're not watching, you'll get a tag alert to draw your attention to it.

Hope that helps. :okay:

Cheers,
Didn't want to argue with you, as you know the software better than I do - obviously - but that wasn't how I remembered it working.

And now I am getting tags for threads which I am watching, which seems to be the way I thought it was.

Shaun

Founder
I've restarted the database server since looking at this - perhaps it was glitching and is now back to normal (I don't really use tags very much). So long as it's working that's the main thing. :okay:

Cheers,

Top Bottom