Taikwondo - WTF?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Been watching a bit of the 'Lympics on our French holiday hotel room TV and they keep going back to taikwondo to fill in the gaps.

Two people wearing corsets prance around for a few minutes then one of them kicks the other who falls over. Is this a sport? What's the purpose?

buddha

Veteran
Is this a sport?
Yes.
The commentary makes all the difference for the uninitiated:thumbsup:

TVC

WTF - World Taikwondo Federation

I used to work with a guy who was in the British squad during the 1990s, the most flexible and fast moving bloke I've ever met, he'd have your head off before you'd finished insulting him.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You would have pedalled away by then.

Manonabike

Über Member
Whatever..... but Taikwondo is by far the most boring sport I have seen this Olympics. My brother did karate and that was fun and judo can also be fun to watch sometimes.

Keith Oates

Janner
One of the sports that I find difficulty in getting excited about is Greco-Roman wrestling. I'm sure it must be interesting to some people but for me it's rather boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Its TAEKWONDO! Not tai....

As you were....

I'm sure it's a sport in which it helps to know the finer points - that goes for any martial arts, which other wise just look like two people tusstling or hitting each other.

Top Bottom