Taken the plunge - new camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Aye - finally made a decision, and jumped ................... backwards.

My 35mm SLR (yup - REAL film!) arrived today. I went down town and bought a B&W roll and a colour roll.

Silly, but I'm all excited about riding out tomorrow and really thinking about photos. And looking forward to that lovely "Christmas present feeling" when I get the prints back from processing.

The more I tried to persuade myself to get a good digital, the less I like the idea :tongue:.

Mad? Stupid? Wonder if I'm the only one who dislikes photography and selfies from mobile phones?

ScotiaLass

Guru
Aye - finally made a decision, and jumped ................... backwards.

My 35mm SLR (yup - REAL film!) arrived today. I went down town and bought a B&W roll and a colour roll.

Silly, but I'm all excited about riding out tomorrow and really thinking about photos. And looking forward to that lovely "Christmas present feeling" when I get the prints back from processing.

The more I tried to persuade myself to get a good digital, the less I like the idea :tongue:.

Mad? Stupid? Wonder if I'm the only one who dislikes photography and selfies from mobile phones?
I love my 35mm. I also have a medium format as well.
I only wish I still had my darkroom! I love developing and printing my own.
I'm thinking about developing them at home and just scanning them.

LedbetterL-Environment8.jpg

This was part of a set for a project about Art in the Environment. It's by the same sculptor as the Kelpies, Andy Scott.
It was shot on 35mm, developed with cool tone developer and printed on cool tone paper.
I did a total of 10 images.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I love working in B+W and converted the back bedroom into a darkroom and it even had a structural cupboard (part of the house) built in to use as a 'blackroom' for loading film into the spiral of my 'dev tank' but unfortunately it is currently full of 'good stuff' from when Maz's sister passed away (things too good to chuck/charity shop so we kept them)
Hope to get it cleared soon so I can get it back in use.
Fave camera is a Pentax Super A (uprated model of the ME super) with a 50 mm F1:1.2 using HP5 'pushed' to 1600 ASA using 'available light' instead of flash

midlife

Guru
Silly question but where are you getting the prints? Back when I used film I used good old cheapie Max Spielmann for the day to day stuff and Rhino in Manchester for anything arty...

Shaun

pplpilot

Guru
I shoot large format (5x4) in colour and B+W , not had an operational dark room since moving house but it is on the list of things to do once we've done the priority things on this money pit.

U

User33236

I have 3 dSLR camera of variours ages but still decided to take a punt on an old Ricoh film SLR I saw on eBay a few years ago. I won the auction and got the camera, a half decent lens and a flash gun for £11.00!

I absolutely love it as it makes me much more disiplined in the the shots I take and the added excitement of receiving the prints. I tend toward B&W film but occasionaly get some of the Lomography range.

Top Bottom