Takes all sorts - !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
My early morning commute to work takes me along a fair bit of rural road. Part of the route is shared cycle path which is totally unlit for about a mile. The hedges & overhung trees block out any moonlight that may be available, but there is one manny I pass coming t'other way riding a decent looking road bike and wearing 'all the right gear'. This 'right gear' also extends to dark cycling glasses and it makes me wonder how he can see much along the unlit stretches; or am I missing something for the sake of appearances - ? :rofl:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
They're probably only look dark from the outside..
Perfect vision whilst viewing the world through them!

:wacko:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
My early morning commute to work takes me along a fair bit of rural road. Part of the route is shared cycle path which is totally unlit for about a mile. The hedges & overhung trees block out any moonlight that may be available, but there is one manny I pass coming t'other way riding a decent looking road bike and wearing 'all the right gear'. This 'right gear' also extends to dark cycling glasses and it makes me wonder how he can see much along the unlit stretches; or am I missing something for the sake of appearances - ? :rofl:

Come on @simongt

style to the fore everytime.

Visibility is for wusses.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
If I see him in a heap 'cos he didn't see a pothole in the dark, I'll pass your message - ! :rofl:

I have to confess, that as a youngster I used to cycle at night in the (then) deserted Devon lanes, without any lights, or high vis.

Moonlit cycling (like walking) is a proper treat.

Of course nowadays, I would have forty fits if my kids did it.

totally agree about night time riding - as may will.

I still remember riding home from my girl friends house when I was about 15 along country lanes with no lights or reflective clothes, if you tried that now, id give you about 10 mins on the same route.

as for dark glasses, not so sure

Top Bottom