taking primary...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Working along the Lawrence Street (what becomes the Hull Road, so quite busy) today, sorting boxes into the trike at the kerbside, I looked up to see, taking a good strong primary through a pinch point to my right....

Two Greylag geese and their gosling.:biggrin:

As you can imagine, they don't walk fast, and the HGV behind them was crawling along. They eventually got up onto the pavement after the pinch point and the HGV driver passed, giving them loads of room.

I ducked (no pun intended) into a front garden to let them pass, but they spotted me and headed for the road again. Luckily, I was of course wearing my work hi-vis vest, so I stepped out into the road and stopped traffic while I shushed them back onto the pavement.

They waddled off, towards the park. Maybe they were going to play on the swings.

Anyway, if you want lots of patience and room, walk a goose next to you.:biggrin:

chevron

Those geese in York mean business! Been chased and attacked my many of them when I was living on the York Uni campus. Clearly a lot of cyclists could learn a lot from their no-nonsense assertive attitude.....

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
All along the river I guess. And there's a little wild bit alongside the Foss, an island. Next to Foss Islands Road, surprisingly. Trees and stuff, I think a lot roost there. Cycle along the road at dusk and they are coming in to land, in squadrons.

Oh, and Rowntree's Park. There are green spaces along the river, just not the bit between Lendal and Skeldergate Bridges.

They get really smug when the river comes up and fills Rowntree Park up, turns it into a gigantic lake, much bigger than the normal lake.

Top Bottom