Taking Safety too far?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
was driving home yesterday from work and seen a bright white light flashing maybe half a mile down the queue of traffic. got me a little confused as it was on my side of the road.
anyway i got round the corner and it turned out some cyclist had strapped a front light to his backpack and had it flashing away. i found it very distracting as a driver, almost blinding.
i thought it was very bad etiquette.
i fully understand the need to be seen (being a cyclist myself), but can we not keep the rear lights to red, then you can have as many as you want.

Lincov

was driving home yesterday from work and seen a bright white light flashing maybe half a mile down the queue of traffic. got me a little confused as it was on my side of the road.
anyway i got round the corner and it turned out some cyclist had strapped a front light to his backpack and had it flashing away. i found it very distracting as a driver, almost blinding.
i thought it was very bad etiquette.
i fully understand the need to be seen (being a cyclist myself), but can we not keep the rear lights to red, then you can have as many as you want.
Agreed, that's why we have different coloured lights!!!

Top Bottom