Taking the mickey out of a cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
So i was working in Cyprus and Dimitrakis the 'older than me' :becool: engineer rides a Rudge, circa 1950 perhaps, slowly around the site. (they have several such bikes for the works)
Its got a heavily sprung, very aged brooks saddle on it, bar brakes, 26 x 1 3/8 wheels (probably), a rusting scratched and well worn frame thats barely got any paint on it.

We're talking, he says it needs a new saddle and the last pedals he brought were useless. Couple of other Cypriot guys join in. I said ebay for the saddle...but his reaction told me he doesnt do ebay...or probably even the internet :tongue:
Then it started....'you're the engineer and you cant even get it working properly...look at those brakes, why dont you get some proper ones on it...those wheels look tired and the tyres are bald... cant you at least put some paint on the frame....maybe you should buy a new bike...then the last comment finished it....'look at the engine' (looking at Dimitrakis)...'its old and well past its best' :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

He rode off (slowly...as usual) without a care in the world.

A lovely moment of light hearted mickey taking :blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You should have seen the Bianchi's in Turkey...............OMG......SHAME....... I will never buy one now....Bike...it goes, it works...........:becool:

A BSO is a BSO, but in Turkey, 50% are Bianchi ..................FFS.............WTF.............:blush::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Top Bottom