Tale of two rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tynan said:
I hate hearing that shoot about rotational force and cross section, your head weighs a lot, the helmet piss all

come the day (not wishing it on you) that you crack your skull into a road, you'll wish you'd been wearing a helmet, I cracked my helmet big time in my last accident, and that was with my whole body rotating five odd feet up in the air, I really don't think the helmet added anything to that

by all means make your own choice but do not justify your decision by arguing that it's safer not to wear one, that's not even sophistry

there

Tynan, I do wear a helmet and the comments were in jest. I should point out though that cross-sectional area has nothing to do with weight. The clue is in the word 'area'.....:smile:

domtyler

Über Member
I don't mind if people want to make some stupid point by living up near the Arctic circle, but must you then come and whine about the weather??

goo_mason said:
Workmates think I mad, but I still maintain that there is no more fun to be had than streaking through the rain and splashing through puddles, grinning like an idiot...

:smile::ohmy::ohmy:

you could get arrested for that in England, decency forbids such outrageous displays of pale flesh, goosepimpled by rain and cold.

Aren't you worried about the effects of the cold on your, ahem, area?

Tynan

Veteran
I thought you might have been magna but it was a general point as well anyway

I do understand area, that's garbage as well, so they're avoiding a small proportion of accidents where the inch of helmet would have clipped the road?

and that's worth gaining at the cost of the routine accidents where you'd smash your head squarely into the road?

Tynan said:
wasn't me that raised it but consider it dropped

That'll have been tete. Tete, dear boy, you have been naughty, mentioning helmets when Mikey and Tynan were both online. Go and stand in a virtual corner till you have learned your lesson;)

Top Bottom