Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Yup, I wasn't digging the headwind this morning either. I was on the heavy bike and felt sluggish already, without getting buffeting in the face up every hill to add to it. But as the famous saying goes, what blows one way must blow back or something..
Or turn and be in your face on the way home too.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Got my lunchtime TT!
upload_2018-4-19_16-12-13.png

JhnBssll

Guru
Lovely ride in with a tail wind and 15degrees. 26 degrees(!) on the way home into a headwind was entertaining but I'm not going to complain about beautiful weather :notworthy:^_^^_^

Sixmile

Veteran
It was school run Friday again, so we copied last weeks operation. Park car away from 1st school and walk to 'drop off' eldest. Then walk back towards car and up the other way to Nursery. My lil one seen a girl from her nursery class on her bike, turned out she was on an Islabike. I'd a quick chat to the mum about kids bikes. Once nursery drop off was complete, I ran back to the car and drove a few miles closer to work, so I'd make it on time this week! Bike off the roof, seasucker in boot and rode the remaining 7 miles in glorious sunshine and light traffic. A fella in work whinges about cyclists any time he sees me, yesterday he was on about cyclists breaking red lights. So this morning I counted the red lights infringers... Cars 3 - 0 Bikes

Ciar

Veteran
Lovely ride home yesterday, but it's now suns out winds out and in your face! today is my day of no riding and on Monday i collect a n+1 :smile: going back to the hybrid to replace the road bike, which will of course be stored for future potential use :crazy:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Also a lovely ride home yesterday; from winter to summer in a few days :sun:

Was also my first commute with SPDs. Will take more than 1 day to get used to them but was amazed to beat my personal best by 3 mins (down from 62 mins); that's more than a marginal gain.
Hope they give similar benefits on my road bike

I think I can actually state without reservation spring has arrived in Canada. It it predicted to be +9 this afternoon and for the next 2 weeks all daytime high temperatures are positive, only a couple of night time lows in the negatives. Will still wait a couple weeks to break out the carbon fiber emonda, but summer tires are now installed on all bicycles.

Also the smell of rot in in the air. One of the downsides of 5 months of snow, the initial spring smells are that of decay.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Extended 14 mile ride in this morning, fantastic conditions. Just seems a complete waste of riding time sitting here until 4pm with no work to do at all...

Ciar

Veteran
Tired legs run in this morning as me and a mate decided to hit Epping very early Sunday and have a nice 15m MTB ride, in the semi bog that it currently is :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I was going to go for the extended 36 mile commute this morning seeing as the weather is so nice. However I had such an awful nights sleep due to hay fever that come 5.30am when I was meant to get up I just rolled back over and had another hour dozing.
Going to try again tomorrow.
Still, it was a lovely ride in this morning. Little chilly at 8° for the first part of the commute so wore windcheater over the ss shirt, but by the time I had got to Bromley the sun had warmed up the air a little so I dispensed with the windcheater.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I had a little break from cycle commuting so today was the first commute in about two years and the first London commute in over eight years. There have been a few changes.

Exactly :okay:
Welcome back. 8 years is a long time when it comes to London cycle commuting change. It's a whole new world out there for you to discover. Some good, some great, some bad, some down right crappy.
But cycle commuting is far better then any car or public transport.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Nice to ride in today but no less than three numpties encountered !

One overtake into the path of oncoming traffic (alarmed and flashing of lights) ; one overtake very close to a blind bend, and I had to gesture to get this Jag driver to back off somewhat until he could overtake safely.
Jagclose.jpg

Top Bottom