Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Location
Oxford
I've never had a bike with disk brakes.
Presumably, they're a lot more responsive in wet weather braking.

Yes; I imagine largely because the braking surface is less likely to get a regular soaking from passing through standing water.

That aside I've not actually ridden my current disk-braked bikes in really heavy rain to get a really good idea of how they behave in such circumstances; but I'd expect it to be better due to the holey nature of the disks allowing water to clear easier as well as the higher clamping forces available and different materials used.

Hopefully I'll find out first hand eventually!
 

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Been in the car the last 3 Nights as we are having the carpet fitted over 3 days and afters big breakdown last week we are on catch-up. I added up Mon and Tues and I reckon I was on the clock for 23 hours over 2 shifts
 
Top Bottom