Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Location
Swindon
Wore the Aldi hi vis jacket on the way in and got wetter with sweat than I would have done with rain.
It's too warm for waterproofs.
 

azir

Veteran
Location
London
As @EthelF says, the rain was a nice relief from stingy eyes - I've never much minded cycling in rain anyway. I did however manage to coat my tyres in sodden blossom and it got all wedged in my brakes. Nice.
 
D

Deleted member 1258

Guest
Like others I was expecting rain this morning but it was dry, took the bike and was expecting a soaking on the way home, it was raining when I left work but had stopped by the time I got into Bedworth, took my cape off at the lights and carried it the rest of the way home.
 

kevin_cambs_uk

Legendary Member
Location
Near Cambridge
Today was the final straw, no more commuting when the weather is like today. I am going to be a fair weather rider when the road bike is out. So the bus next time.
I have just had enough of it. Shitty British weather.
 

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Location
Leicester
Drenched within a mile and windy again but warm, by mile thirteen the sun was out and I was drying out, by mile 25 I was walking into the house as it started to get very dark in the sky again
 

Glow worm

Squire
Location
Near Newmarket
Volvos, always bloody Volvos- just why? Utter knobend Buggerf*ckt%atts!
And breathe......:smile:
 

400bhp

Legendary Member
Fark, greasy roads or what.

Lost traction on both wheels going round a sharp right hander. Managed to avoid doing anything corrective and stayed upright. Just avoided the verge too.:eek:
 

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Location
Rides Ti2
Once again I seemed to have got lucky with the rain and missed all the heavy stuff. Had a few smatterings of rain but nothing to get bothered about. The wind though.... that can do one...
 

Ollie W

Cycling pls
Location
Southampton
Dry ride home, on went the wiggle honda top and decathlon bibshorts. Nice pace along the route I think - will check when I upload the garmin tonight...
 
Top Bottom