Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Location
South Manchester
Wet but very warm. Held off on the waterproof for as long as possible, as I had a small climb to do out of Stockport but the rain was starting to soak me through so soon after I changed. Quick ride though and one idiot tried to under take a right turning car by swerving into the bike lane. I was level with his open window so 'Bike, bike' was loudly shouted through the opening. They backed off and later apologised.
 

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Location
Oxford
Up late, out on time, into town early thanks to a generous tailwind component.

Grey and overcast with ominous clouds rolling in from the south west, although thankfully only very light drizzle for a limited time which was quite welcome given how hot and humid it is.

Traffic was moderate with thankfully no proper dickheads today; a couple of bus drivers actually taking the time to clock my speed and wait in their junctions for me to pass rather than just looking through me and pulling out anyway as is often the case.

Now fighting the wind but with time in hand I stopped to trim a few obviously problematic areas of bramble on the tow path - eliciting a few acknowledgements from passing walkers / cyclists; which was appreciated.

Got to work just on time to confirm that as expected today’s sausages were fantastic 😊
 

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Pissing it down when I got up but it had stopped before I set off so riding in the middle of the lane when I could to avoid the water, luckily there is hardly anyone else about that time of day. It started to rain with a couple of miles to go but not heavy enough to make it worth stopping to put any gear on.
 
Quite a nice morning so I wasn't going flat out which open the door for impatient folk despite the roads being near empty. Had someone overtake on a bend, to then take the racing line and cut the rest of the corner. I wasn't going fast and was easily able to drop back but the road was completely empty, so it wasn't needed on their part, and typically they turned into the first minor road, so it saved them 0.5 of a second. The only time I had a car coming towards me, the following driver decided to overtake aggressively without giving me any room. He surprise, surprise got held at the next red light and saved no time. At least the sun rise over the Cathedral was nice.
20261002_072108.jpg


20261002_072116.jpg


20261002_072123.jpg
 

biking_fox

Legendary Member
Location
Manchester
Didn't need the jacket despite wearing it. Too hot!. Damp under tyre but otherwise fine.

Had the startled rabbit pedestrian today, stepped out into my line, saw me and then didn't either step back out of the road or carry on crossing, both of which would have been fine. Fortunately I had time and space to avoid.
 

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Roads blocked again by planned work on the bridge near work but I was able to sneak through onto the cycle path which is still open.
 
Top Bottom