Talk me out of it..........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
No need to wait. Here's a preview right now:

"If I had a mahout, he/she could help me load the elephant. If I had an elephant."

:rolleyes:

starhawk

I always thought being able to see above the cars was an advantage in commuter traffic, not just for me being able to see more but being more visible to other road users. I would be too much of a chicken to ride a low rider in traffic, well any public roads.

I thought so too, but when I tried there was no problem, the cars keep their distance more then when I used the upright two-wheeler, even thou the trike doesn't wobble as a two-wheeler.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
holy thread resurrection Batman.

Gaz, come down to Bromley as Mr A says. Then you can try both the under-seat of his beastie and the above-seat of mine...

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
If you're still keen Gaz, this far on, I could sort out my Hurricane and lend you it for a week or two? Needs a bit of care and attention as I've raided a few parts for my Fujin, but I need to sort it anyway to sell it. The Hurricane adjusts from lowracer height all the way to rather upright, like a Grasshopper, so you can choose how low you want to be.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
not much more. I still think I need a try on a few ;)

In seriousness I don't have enough space for one at the moment. But definitely something I would like to think about for a future weekend bike.

GrasB

Veteran
From experience you buy one 'bent & you get hooked. Slowly but surely your DFs lose their magic & you find you have lots of space for the 'bents in your garage :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
not much more. I still think I need a try on a few ;)

In seriousness I don't have enough space for one at the moment. But definitely something I would like to think about for a future weekend bike.

Well make some time to come down to Bromley anyway to have a ride of my OSS and Arallsopp's USS Bent's.. that, and we haven't seen you for a while anyway :thumbsup:

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Well make some time to come down to Bromley anyway to have a ride of my OSS and Arallsopp's USS Bent's.. that, and we haven't seen you for a while anyway :thumbsup:
Haha yeah it's been a while, 2011 wasn't a great year for me. Hopefully i'll be out more in 2012 and bromley is only a stones throw away.

hi gaz; if you want to stray a little from yr comfort zone then you could come up to streatham common and check out [depending on yr height/ inseam etc] my dingo made by optima which i commute on daily, or a kingcycle which is like a fast vintage sports car, ie i wouldnt use it everyday but its fun at weekends, or a spirit made by hpv [old style 16" front 20" rear], great for instant semirecumbent riding anyone can really hop straight on it, good for carrying loads but its not fast [ a bit like a transit van]. As Gras B says 'From experience you buy one 'bent & you get hooked. Slowly but surely your DFs lose their magic & you find you have lots of space for the 'bents' ; I got hooked....
let me know when you're coming
bob

Top Bottom