Talk to me about Gravel Wheels...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Chap sur le velo

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Don't go for 650Bs, there are many advantages to having all your wheels and tyres interchangeable, and unless you think 2mm of extra clearance is going to make any difference to your life, it's worse.

It's not clear just what those many advantages are? If I'm not going for the 650b option then it will be cheaper even paying someone to switch tyres?

Thanks to everyone for the stimulating responses and for explaining what seems to boil down to personal choice.

At the moment I'm now leaning towards aluminium 650b's as that offers me the most variety going forward. I was thinking of S\H carbon but I'm a bit less confident about that route now.

One thing I got from chatting on a recent club ride is that's it's not just a matter of buying the wheels, screw some Sram discs on and off we go...I'll need to play around with spacers for the wheels to be truly interchangeable?

Sallar55

Veteran
Todays gravel wheels are starting to evolve into sub sections Narrow rim for up to about 45mm tyre ,its now non boost Wider rims for 50mm tyres are almost all boost if buying wheelsets. All the manufacturers should just include spacers for 100 / 110 and 142 / 148 . Wider (rim) wheels are becoming rare in non boost. Been looking for 25mm internal width .

Top Bottom