Tapatalk Topic Error

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Yes I get the same thing. Used to get it on a couple of other forums I use but they have been fixed. I think, he stresses, the problem is with cyclechat rather than Tapatalk.

I find if I wait a few moments the site still loads OK

OP
OP
upsidedown

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
ok thanks Paul. It does work fine but gets a bit annoying having to click on it every time you move around.

cheers

paul

Shaun

Founder
As I've mentioned in other threads about Tapatalk - they update it regularly, so if you find you have problems with it - let me know so I can put the latest files on the CC server.

I'll pop this on my to-do list ... :smile:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
I've checked, and I have the latest version installed on the CC server, so it's not that.

I've also had a look in the Tapatalk forums and there's potential solution based on the forum admin (me, in this case) re-saving the configuration for whichever forums/sub-forums are giving this error.

So ... let me know which forums in particular you are getting this error for and I'll try the fix to see if it works.

Cheers,

PaulSB

Legendary Member
OK this is what happens for me. Go to tapatalk, select relevant account and get the following, i am automatically logged in:

Unknown error. It appears the server has some issue with Tapatalk or your session has expired. If this problem persists please re-enter this forum from Account tab.

Do "OK" and then hit the "forums" icon (bottom of page second on left). This gives me the four main forums to chose from. Select a forum and then get:

Topic Error
Global setup error!!

Do "ok" and can then open topics

If I go back to the forums menu I again get the global setup error.

Everything else seems to be ok.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Just checked and I am getting the same thing with the other IP Board forum I visit though it was ok the last time I used tapatalk, which was few weeks ago.

Shaun

Founder
I don't have Tapatalk, but hang on a minute ... four forums?

There are four forum category headings ... Bikes and cycling, Technical, Community, and Board. Are these the options you get?

Cheers,

Shaun

Founder
I've edited and re-save all four categories - are they working okay now?

Cheers,

OP
OP
upsidedown

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Cheers Shaun all working fine now. Still get the long message about session expired at the beginning but that's no problem.

Thanks again
Paul

Shaun

Founder
Good stuff.

If you notice it going off the rails in future, just PM me and I can then check to see if there's been an update at Tapatalk.com

Cheers,

Top Bottom