Tapioca pudding.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by colly, 10 Apr 2010.

1. colly

colly Re member eR

Love it.

I've not had it for years though so this week I will remedy that.:laugh:

2. longers

longers Veteran

Is that the frogspawn one?

A friends wife made an excellent cake recently using Semolina. Absolutely delicious.

3. Bayerd

Bayerd Über Member

I thought the frogspawn one was Sago? maybe not. I'm more a semolina man myself, you can do allsorts with it.

4. vernon

vernon Harder than Ronnie Pickering

Yes like make it with cream, milk, egg yolk and gelatine and pour it over halved apricots placed at the bottom of ramekins. Chill then turn them out and serve with a source made from cointreau, and pureed orange fruit of choice e.g. mango, oranges, peach, apricots.

Delish!

5. Bayerd

Bayerd Über Member

and then there's all the Indian puddings as well, it's great stuff.

6. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

have not tried it since school all those years ago

7. upsidedown

upsidedown Waiting for the great leap forward

If that's the frogspawn one it belongs in the past, with boiled pigs' feet and roast heart, i can still see those valves on the side of the plate.

Semolina on the other hand makes roast potatoes very crunchy when sprinkled over.

8. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Moderator

semolina with a dollop of jam, brings back memories. as, unfortunately, does the frogspawn…

9. slowmotion

slowmotion Quite dreadful

Tapioca, sago, semolina. This is nightmare territory. I was forced to eat that stuff as a tiny boy, and they added a bit of stewed fruit ( prunes, apricots etc), from an aluminium dish that resembled the slops from a rather unsuccessful operating theatre.

It quite put me off all puddings for life.

10. OP
    OP
    colly

colly Re member eR

Yep semolina and jam as well. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

and what about beef dripping on toast with just a little salt??? Heart attack stuff by todays ideas, and I'm not sure I would like it now, but it was a real treat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice