Tarty white tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
White is soo 2004 anyway.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
img0378ru.jpg

img0379c.jpg

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
They look good Gaz. Would like to see what they look like on the bike though :biggrin:

Perhaps I'll see you on one of the Sunday rides. Are you coming this week?

I think the ones I just ordered are slightly different. These have white sidewalls all the way to the bead with just the thin black strip through the middle.

mickle said:
White is soo 2004 anyway.

If you could see my wardrobe you would realise that I never follow fashion. Eventually everything comes back in anyway :sad:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Only just got mine the other day and haven't been out on the bike since, so not even put the wheels back on the bike.
Mine are Vittoria Rubino Pro I and not Pro II

longers

Legendary Member
Didn't Bonj tippex some brakes a while back?

You could sand it back and top coat it for a lovely finish I'm sure.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
If you have a mainly white bike then the tyres will go a cream colour even when you clean them up and will not look good against the white - my bike is red but has some white decals and I won't be getting white tyres again - red for me next.
Someone once told me that they would stay white just long enough for you to think they are do-able and then they will go cream and just annoy you from then on - how right he was :biggrin:

If you really want them I was advised to clean with CIF - never tried it as not sure if it would react with the rubber compound or not.
HTH

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
kfinlay said:
If you have a mainly white bike then the tyres will go a cream colour even when you clean them up and will not look good against the white - my bike is red but has some white decals and I won't be getting white tyres again - red for me next.
Someone once told me that they would stay white just long enough for you to think they are do-able and then they will go cream and just annoy you from then on - how right he was :biggrin:

If you really want them I was advised to clean with CIF - never tried it as not sure if it would react with the rubber compound or not.
HTH

It's a shame it won't go with my greasy white bar tape!

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
Got my tyres on Monday and hung them up overnight to straighten out. Decided to fit them the following night and it wasn't a moment too soon.
On the way home on Tuesday I could feel my front tyre going down. Stopped at a bike shop and pumped it up and could hear the air escaping, but I wasn't going to fight to change my tube when I would have to do it again when I got home, so pumped it up and raced home as fast as I could.

They weren't too bad getting on, a bit easier than the cheaper Vittorias that came with the bike, and they look lovely on my bike :sad:

They do get dirty quite easily but after 2 1/2 commutes they don't look too bad. I found myself aiming for the occasional puddle to rinse any loose dirt off.

They feel nice to ride so far although I haven't pushed them yet due to it being wet.
Roll on the dry weather as there are a couple of corners on an alternative route home which are really fast and sweeping, a real test of tyre grip :wacko:

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
I knew they would but not as bad as I thought. A dry run may actually be a worse but I haven't had one of those for a while.

I'll just have to spend longer cleaning them :tongue:

SimonC

I've posted on here before about putting my Michelin Pro 3's in white in the washing machine, after they went all manky after a season on the road. Came out spotless and gleaming white.

Still good advice:smile:

Missus was out at the time.....

potsy

Rambler
SimonC said:
I've posted on here before about putting my Michelin Pro 3's in white in the washing machine, after they went all manky after a season on the road. Came out spotless and gleaming white.

Still good advice:smile:

Missus was out at the time.....
You don't say:biggrin:

Top Bottom