Tarty white tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
It's time to replace the OEM tyres that came with my bike for something a little bit better (and blingy :biggrin:)

I want some in white to go with my Celeste and white Bianchi and I've narrowed it down to 2 options.

The cheaper Vittoria Zaffiro Pro II

or the more expensive Continental GP4000s Ltd which are also difficult to get hold of.

But at twice the price are the GP4000 worth it. I've no doubt that they are a better tyre but will I really notice the difference.

These will be used for nearly all my riding, commuting and social rides, no racing planned but I do like to go fast :wacko:

I don't expect either to be bomb proof like the Marathon + but as long as they are more flat resistant than my current Vittoria Slicks I'll be happy.

Any opinions on either tyre or do you know of an alternative to confuse me with :biggrin:

I also need to get them before next weekends Friday Night ride.

The Contis are a great tyre but have only a white tread so cannot qualify as truly white tyres. The Vittorias are white tread on whitewalls. No question. It has to be the Zaffiro pro IIs. imho

iLB

Hello there
however, think luke do you want to be seen to copy the bike styling of a certain walnuts...??

gavintc

Guru
I did the same thing when I had a Bianchi. The look great, but do need a fair amount of effort to keep them looking smart.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
iLB said:
however, think luke do you want to be seen to copy the bike styling of a certain walnuts...??

haha! Just like being asked by a mate if its okay to see your ex, I'ld say carry on, more the merrier! Enjoy the ride! ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
White tyres?

Call me practical but... How long do they stay actually white?

(this from someone who tends to wear dark colours so as to hide the dirt better...);)

MajorMantra

What about the Rubino? Or the Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp? Or the Schwalbe Stelvio? These aren't fully white, but are much higher spec tyres than the Zaffiro. You get the blinginess of white but as the central strip is black, they don't appear to get dirty as quickly.

Matthew

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
gavintc said:
I did the same thing when I had a Bianchi. The look great, but do need a fair amount of effort to keep them looking smart.

That is not a problem, esp in the summer (if we ever get one). I often spend a sunny afternoon stripping down the bike, cleaning and re-assembling.

Arch said:
White tyres?

(this from someone who tends to wear dark colours so as to hide the dirt better...):girl:

See above :smile:

MajorMantra said:
What about the Rubino? Or the Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp? Or the Schwalbe Stelvio? These aren't fully white, but are much higher spec tyres than the Zaffiro. You get the blinginess of white but as the central strip is black, they don't appear to get dirty as quickly.

Matthew

Do you mean the Rubino Pro? I can't see much difference between Rubino and Zaffiro Pro. The Rubino Pros are about £20 each so perhaps a good middle ground.

If I was to consider the other 2 options you gave, I would just go for the GP4000s which get very good reviews.

So Rubino Pros (lot's of these on Ebay as well, so I may try and get a bargain) or splash out on the GP4000 :thumbsup:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Arch said:
White tyres?

(this from someone who tends to wear dark colours so as to hide the dirt better...):girl:

not very long regardless of any cleaning regime, but Red's a tart and he won't be put off:evil:

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
MacB said:
not very long regardless of any cleaning regime, but Red's a tart and he won't be put off:evil:

Next on the list is a pair of white shoes to match my helmet and bar tape. These silver ones are a bit much, don't you think? :girl::thumbsup:

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
gaz said:
Don't go with the Vittoria Zaffiro Pro II, they cut up VERY easily, less than 1000 miles and mine are destroyed.

Just bought the rubino pro's with white sidewalls. will post a picy later on for you.

Yes please to the piccies. I have my mouse hovering over the buy it now button.

mmm....I'm starting to consider some white skewers as well now :girl:

Top Bottom