New Tyres Time (32mm Ro..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

froze

Über Member
Not sure if this matters, or if the figures are correct, but supposedly the Conti 4 seasons have about 7 fewer watts of rolling resistance over over the Schwalbe; I can't find info on that for the Vector. Of course, those watts are measured on a drum, not on real roads, so not sure how that would affect on the road performance, but 7 watts is detectable, if it was only 2 or so watts you wouldn't be able to detect it. The Vector weighs on average 20 grams less, if the manufacturer data can be believed, which might mean it has lower rolling resistance than the Schwalbe. Flat protection they all seem to be about the same, the heavier Conti might have better flat protection and a slightly longer tread life.

I have never used any of those tires, I do have a set of Conti 4000s ii tires, which I don't like, nothing wrong with the flat protection, or the wear department, or in traction, they ride harsh, the 4000s roll faster than the 4 season, but the 4 season has a bit more rubber with better flat protection, but I never got a flat with the 4000s, so I can only assume that the 4 season would be great in flat protection. But I'm not sure how the ride quality will be with 4 season.

I've found in the comfort department that Vittoria tires have always seemed a bit better than any other tire I've ridden on. You can also add latex tubes into whatever tire you select if you want a tad more comfort. Latex to me feels like you're riding on butyl tubes that you put in 20 psi less than you were supposed to ride with. That should give you an idea of the comfort, also latex has about 7.5 watts less rolling resistance vs butyl. I like Vittoria latex over others I've tried, they hold up longer.

Happy_Days

Regular
Schwalbe One 365 Performance 32mm
Recently, RoadCC reviewed the Schwalbe One 365 tyres:

https://road.cc/content/review/schwalbe-one-365-folding-bike-tyre-307475

Top Bottom