New Tyres Time (32mm Ro..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
My last pair of trusty Schwalbe Marathon Supreme 32mm are ready to be replaced. They are no longer made and were hard to find at the time of purchase tbh.

Replacements need to be 32mm with high puncture resistance and have good wet road grip.

Short (very) replacement list is currently:

Schwalbe One 365 Performance 32mm

Continental 4 seasons 32mm

Anyone with direct experience of the above, would you please let me know your thoughts?

Any other similar options worth considering?

And when did cycle tyres become so expensive?!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I have the Continental 4 Seasons in 32mm size on my Spa Elan, but the only tyre I can compare them to is the previously fitted Voyager Hypers (sandly no longer made). They've been as reliable as you would expect, coping with the bloody awful state of local roads for the past few years plus a bit of light off roading (dry, hardpacked ground and bridleways) without cutting up too badly and seem to be wearing quite well.
Suffice to say I've got a spare pair in the cupboard for when the current ones go having looked at other options.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Schwalbe Marathon Efficiency are the replacements for the Supreme in the Schwalbe lineup and reviews suggest they are as good, if not a whisker better than the Supreme.

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

Schwalbe Marathon Efficiency are the replacements for the Supreme in the Schwalbe lineup and reviews suggest they are as good, if not a whisker better than the Supreme.

Thanks for your replies.

I cannot find mention of the Efficiency being a replacement for the Supreme on the Schwalbe website.

Plus, the Efficiency looks nothing like my Supreme. The Efficiency is a big and very heavy touring tire in size 38mm upwards as far as I can make out.

My Supreme is a fairly light 32mm. I think the specific model was made for the North American market at the time I obtained them direct from Germany. I think they were via Rose bikes.

The logical replacement is the One 365 Performance as far as I can determine.

Velochris

Über Member
If you go 4 season I got my last pair from LordGun. Worked out about £80 delivered for the pair and took about 1 week. Could not find a pair for less than £100 here in the UK.

froze

Über Member
Probably going to try the Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons (tube).

Just over £80 (discounted price) a pair and they have very good reviews.

You do realize that the Goodyear Vector is more of a performance tire, not a commuter tire or one that will be more flat resistant like the ones you were originally using and looking at? All tires today have flat protection, but it's the degree of flat protection you need to think about, both the Conti and especially the Schwalbe Marathon's newer model to the one you had are superior in the flat resistance department.

froze

Über Member
I think it's a great shame that Schwalbe no longer make the Supreme, it was a fine tyre.

I agree, I heard a lot of good things about that tire, I even ran into a guy touring on them and loved them.

The only tire that I found that is sort of close to the Supreme is the new Marathon Efficiency tire, it is their fastest rolling touring/e-bike tire. When one of my Almotion tires wears out I may try one of those in the 38c size.

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

You do realize that the Goodyear Vector is more of a performance tire, not a commuter tire or one that will be more flat resistant like the ones you were originally using and looking at? All tires today have flat protection, but it's the degree of flat protection you need to think about, both the Conti and especially the Schwalbe Marathon's newer model to the one you had are superior in the flat resistance department.

Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons NOT Goodyear Vector.

Direct competitor to Continental 4 Seasons.

https://www.goodyearbike.com/tires/vector-4-seasons/

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

No schit! All I did was shorten it, relax, or do I need to put tubeless at the end of it so you know I know it's tubeless?

Sorry. I thought you may be referring to the Vector Sport hence my clarification as to the tyre I was thinking of buying.

As far as I can see the Vector 4 Seasons is pitched against the Continental 4 Seasons & Schwalbe One 365.

Certainly, winter tyre group tests have the Goodyears tested against the Contis and the other usual winter suspects.

The One 365's appear to be too new to be included thus far which is a shame.

Last edited:

Happy_Days

Regular
I’ve been using Schwalbe One 365 tyres since the autumn-time. I’ve been delighted with them in autumn, winter and spring conditions. So far, I can’t fault the One 365.

Last edited:
Top Bottom