Taxing car with no MOT. What's happened to 6 months grace

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Where would he put his dog? He has to take it in the car to go for a walk
Attach a trailer ?
Or walk the dog from home

I could've saved nearly £300 on insurance with a SORN, and the VED if I'd only known the car wasn't going to move for nearly a year.
This is an interesting one. We looked at doing similar as we have a driveway which the car would sit upon but then started to ponder where we would stand if the car was stolen from the driveway or damaged on the driveway. It was off public land but not insured so decided to leave it insured as it is our family car and we still have a personal loan to pay off for a few more years which we used to buy it with. It’s only 5 years old and not cheap to replace as I currently need 3 isofix seats in the rear.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
This is an interesting one. We looked at doing similar as we have a driveway which the car would sit upon but then started to ponder where we would stand if the car was stolen from the driveway or damaged on the driveway. It was off public land but not insured so decided to leave it insured as it is our family car and we still have a personal loan to pay off for a few more years which we used to buy it with. It’s only 5 years old and not cheap to replace as I currently need 3 isofix seats in the rear.
I would have said it was very unwise not to insure, unless you are absolutely sure it was extremely unlikely to be stolen and you could accept the financial consequences.
I have one in the garage which was insured but SORNed, while I did some work on it. Then I stopped the insurance.
For it to be nicked, as well as breaking in to the garage, which is alarmed, generally a thief was going to have to move at least one other car off the drive, and whatever car/s is/are parked on the drive block the garage doors.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Don't be silly
Just a thought

Top Bottom