TDF stage 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I rode the Cambridge to London route on Sunday, in glorious weather...was a fantastic ride.

It's going to be great fun to watch this ride on the box and retrace the route, really looking forward to it.

What struck me though was just how beautiful a route the organisers have chosen. It really shows just how attractive many parts of Essex really are. I was also impressed with all of the recent road resurfacing that made the route smooth and fast.

Because of the flat elevation, I managed to pull along for around 30 miles at over 24mph so its going to be a super fast sprint for the tour riders.

I'd recommend this to anyone, its a splendid day out with some wonderful stops along the way.

Did you do the full route Jonny ...right up to the Mall? Any tips?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Any recommendations for a good place to watch from. Being on the A11 we thought that we might pootle down in the early hours and find a nice spot - not towny but just on the route somewhere. We'll take the bikes and then can park somewhere vaguely sensible and then cycle along to wait for eternity until all the riders flash by in 3 seconds flat.

Stephen C

Über Member
I cycled the bit from Saffron Walden to Finchingfield today (I was only popping to SW to drop off some paper work and one thing lead to another!), really good roads, significantly better than the Cambridgeshire section. It was great to see all the villages being decorated, even with just a few bits of bunting, it should be really good on Monday, assuming the weather holds!

Top Bottom