TDF watching ..... in France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
It's crazy I know, but I'm a maverick. So, who's saying <<bof>> to Yorkshire and heading to France?

Me and a Wiggo look-a-like by the name of Jim are doing an overnight crossing very early Tuesday and riding down from Calais to Le Tourquet for the stage 4 depart, followed by a ride to Douai as a base for the cobbles of stage 5. So if you see a knackered-looking MAMIL riding a Litespeed who might also be literally waterboarding the french language, introduce yourself.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Enjoy! Never ridden there, but I've been to Le Touquet a couple of times - very fancy, as I recall.

danielstucke

Über Member
I finish school on 18th followed by an epic drive with wife and toddler to the Pyrenees. 3 stages down there from 22-24th can't wait. Staying in valley opposite Huatacam.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Enjoy! Never ridden there, but I've been to Le Touquet a couple of times - very fancy, as I recall.
Thanks John, Touquet does look quite pleasant, although it will be judged by its breakfasts.
I finish school on 18th followed by an epic drive with wife and toddler to the Pyrenees. 3 stages down there from 22-24th can't wait. Staying in valley opposite Huatacam.
Madness! Good luck with the journey. I'd have loved to make a mountain stage but wanted to do the journey by bike, so with only a couple of days available northern France was really the only option. When the rote for stage 5 was announced, the opportunity to see a flat stage with the potential to shake up the GC could not be missed.

danielstucke

Über Member
Car loaded and ready. Time for the big drive. Hoping we can stream ITV4 for the drive down this afternoon to see todays stage. Hoping to do some of the route on the rest day on Monday. Might 'nip' up Huatacam :smile: Going to watch it somewhere low with family on Tuesday (we'll be the ones on the telly with a two year old waving his yorkshire flag!) , then head to the tops for Wednesday and Thursday :smile:

Top Bottom