Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good 'late' morning to all by the way ....
Or, happy elevenses !
Tis the bottom half of that now.

You got rid of the "John Wayne Walk" yet?

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
& the "I'll have to see the manager" is 99% of the time a bare faced con ! It's a really old trick (for anyone not aware) where Mr Salesbody goes off & has a laugh with someone at your expense for a few minutes *they know their margins & best price already unless it's a spotty junior trainee*. The very same trick is used by window/conservatory & kitchen salesman etc where they excuse themselves to "go out & phone the manager" but instead go out have a fag & make a fake call to nobody while secretly laughing about you.

Having done the door to door British Gas sales & Virgin Media sales gig you get to know some interesting stuff.

I've a pal who used to be the stand in manager (on occasion)..
we did once get to see the Manager who offered to bring us through a car in the colour we wanted but insisted we buy said car..
We laughed...
and said thanks but no thanks..
as we walked out the building....
we got offered a better deal on what was locally available..
we had the car since^_^
What's weather like, like?
Like, no bad now..
Out hunting again...
then off for some scran....

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Be some fun nights with him in the grave yard I bet :rofl:
giphy.gif

classic33

Leg End Member
Classic'll get you on the Graveyard shift:laugh:
Not always night-time only...
"One of the most simple of these was a cord attached to the persons finger. The cord leading to a bell on the surface, which would ring when the cord was pulled. The "deceased" became the dead ringer whilst the person watching for any activity would be working the graveyard shift. Their job was to get the "deceased" coffin dodger, for whom the bell tolled, to the surface, having been saved by the bell, and to a physician."

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Not always night-time only...
"One of the most simple of these was a cord attached to the persons finger. The cord leading to a bell on the surface, which would ring when the cord was pulled. The "deceased" became the dead ringer whilst the person watching for any activity would be working the graveyard shift. Their job was to get the "deceased" coffin dodger, for whom the bell tolled, to the surface, having been saved by the bell, and to a physician."
I'll read this tomorrow when I'm alert

Top Bottom