Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm not sure really. Perhaps they were embarrassed?

Now you need to set up a rival 'capital' in another part of Yorkshire. Harrogate perhaps?
Harrogate Spa !

You've to remember that Yorkshire, Englands largest County, was split into Three Ridings(Rydings), with York in it's own area within The Three Ridings. Then on April the 1st 1974 they changed the lines.

Last edited:
Harrogate Spa !

You've to remember that Yorkshire, Englands largest County, was split into Three Ridings(Rydings), with York in it's own area within The Three Ridings. Then on April the 1st 1974 they changed the lines.

That was a bit before my time, to be fair.

No, it's the Scottish - German link(Mentioned by yerssen), on top of the Scottish - Irish link*, with Bristol connections in Yorkshire.

*More than a few "Scottish" folk are actually of Irish descent.

Didn't you say that there's a region of Ireland where there are a lot of Germanic sounding names? I vaguely remember you mentioning it but was probably being distracted by shiny things or squirrels, as usual.

Doncaster, Southern West Riding, is part of Scotland. Given to them to keep them quiet.

I suppose that's one way to get rid of it.

We have lots of tiny towns that were once an Enclave of different countries. There was a state called Hohenzollern to the south of us that was a sort of splatter on a map with lots of bits in the surrounding states. It was itself a sort of but not quite and enclave of Prussia, and if that doesn't make sense , don't worry, it didn't make sense to many people.

I think it was the Netherlands that were 'given' to Austria in some treaty or other, and the Austrians then spent ages trying to get rid of it. The idea of simply giving it to the people who lived there didn't occur to them for a couple of centuries, as far as I recall...

classic33

Leg End Member
Not unless they have an enclave in Bristol.
American maybe. With German connections to Yorkshire, Scotland, Ireland and points Westward.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_places_called_Bristol

classic33

Leg End Member
It might be a vast improvement over Yorkshire tea :okay:
Daffy Yellow Card.jpg

Top Bottom