Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
You are getting the blame then..
We've been quite reasonably dry this year so far..
haven't even seen an inch of rain for this month yet although down south to get battered tomorrow, I think..
You're starting to sound like Mrs B. According to her everything is my fault - even things that went wrong before she met me!:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
My memory of glancing at the boarding area notice in Cyprus is that you are correct. I seem to recall a list of useable ID documents, although I didn't pay much attention as I was using my passport.
If someone has travelled into the UK, illegally. There is the risk that the vehicle of entry will be siezed. Aircraft aren't cheap. Coaches trains are cheaper, and have been siezed in the past.

The operators are just covering their own backsides/interests, not yours. The UK border control is also done by a private company now.

Passport required for leaving the country, not coming back home.

Air carriers were behind the use of passports, as a means of ID, which has just exploded from there.

If you can prove permanent residency in the UK, your passport is only another means of proving you're you, not someone else

That would explain why I can use an ID card: It proves I'm resident in Germany. It also explains why an EU ID cars works in the UK as well.

Last edited:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Good morning all:hello:
Looks like it's gonna be a wonderful Monday^_^

You're starting to sound like Mrs B. According to her everything is my fault - even things that went wrong before she met me!:laugh:
My pleasure for making you feel like this is home..
I'm the same, it must be part of the marriage thing although it leads to good craic.
I assume it's a female trait...

classic33

Leg End Member
First cuppa of the day. I've put my normal mug 'somewhere safe' so I'm using another one today.
On your desk?
I have a favourite mug that I really like. Just hope I never drop it and smash it. It's nice and thick and seems to keep your cuppa warm for longer. :cuppa:
That's not like you to say something like that about
Good Morning :hello:
Ayup
Good morning all:hello:
Looks like it's gonna be a wonderful Monday^_^

My pleasure for making you feel like this is home..
I'm the same, it must be part of the marriage thing although it leads to good craic.
I assume it's a female trait...
You mean Wet n'Windy?

Morning??
Appointment.jpg

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
You'd still need your German passport to get back into the UK. Along with your EI ID car.

Within the EU, including the UK, an EU citizens ID Card is a valid travel document: I have many German friends who regularly travel to the UK and don't own a German passport. I'm told that UK border control officers do accept it. Some don't like doing it and can be a bit snotty, but German ID cars are accepted.

I'll use my UK passport as I don't think it's the UK's business what other nationality I have since they threw us under a bus during Brexit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom