Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Aye, that would be a problem..
there's one of these roller things down in the garage, I could be tempted to Zwift it...
but nothing to beat a howling gale in yer face plus I don't want to embarrass any of the pros I may encounter....
trying to whip up some cream(sorry enthusiasm) right now:laugh:
Now I'm thinking trifle..
noooooooooooooooooo:laugh:
I've still got a decent exercise bike shoved at the back of the garage. As long as the damp hasn't got to the workings as it needs leccy

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I've still got a decent exercise bike shoved at the back of the garage. As long as the damp hasn't got to the workings as it needs leccy
This is when use a long stick....
just give it an air...
I remember trying an exercise bike many moons ago in front of the telly,
never did anything for me..
I got to 5k and got bored,
you can't really beat the open air...
avoiding the sneezes, close passing cyclists (always passing me) and the power walkers who occasionally burst into a wobbling session..
dogs who want to eat you or play chases...
and recently flailing walking poles and ancient wee bergen rucksacks..

where can I go to avoid all these new found outdoor people:laugh:
but seriously, great to see more folk out exercising as it'll benefit them in the end....

Mo1959

Legendary Member
This is when use a long stick....
just give it an air...
I remember trying an exercise bike many moons ago in front of the telly,
never did anything for me..
I got to 5k and got bored,
you can't really beat the open air...
avoiding the sneezes, close passing cyclists (always passing me) and the power walkers who occasionally burst into a wobbling session..
dogs who want to eat you or play chases...
and recently flailing walking poles and ancient wee bergen rucksacks..

where can I go to avoid all these new found outdoor people:laugh:
but seriously, great to see more folk out exercising as it'll benefit them in the end....
I'm hoping I will always still manage to sneak out early. Would quite happily even put the head torch on and go for a walk at 2am if need be. Can they really spare enough police/army to bother about every town and village if it came to that?

classic33

Leg End Member
Just wanna dance the day away..
with senoritas who can sway,
right now tomorrow's lookin' bright
just like the sunny mornin' light..

sadly, social distancing nor the lack of senoritas kinda hamper this but hey !!!!!
Just wait until this is all over
cha cha cha:okay:

and with that, a good morning to all Tealandians,
all ships at sea,
all boots on the ground,
all those in the air (not many, believe me)
and YOU,
wherever you are, please stay safe :hello:
Owdo
Not many is right. Manchester had six on the runway mid-afternoon on Friday.
Another lovely day. In for a decent spell.....please God don't let there be a total lockdown and we can't at least have a solo walk or cycle.
It'd have to happen that way. Just get out earlier.
I thought you said mucking about with clocks was this weekend!
Morning, time for a second cuppa.

German imitation of course, but one makes allowances in a crisis.

On the other hand, it's possibly the first international crisis where introverts are naturally helping...
I don't know, there's many who'd go off doing their own thing having got there through a crowded room/building, without giving a second thought about going through.

Now about this tea...

Morning??

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm hoping I will always still manage to sneak out early. Would quite happily even put the head torch on and go for a walk at 2am if need be. Can they really spare enough police/army to bother about every town and village if it came to that?
They just stick helicopters in the air, to cover a larger area. There'll be at least another nine somewhere in UK airspace at present.

Use your headtorch and you make it easier for them.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
They just stick helicopters in the air, to cover a larger area. There'll be at least another nine somewhere in UK airspace at present.

Use your headtorch and you make it easier for them.
.........so I'll need to go out dressed as a ninja with a heat shielding suit? :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
.........so I'll need to go out dressed as a ninja with a heat shielding suit? :laugh:
Well it's not as though it's that dark at two in the morning. Once you're away from the lit up areas.

As for the helicopters, ask Bob. There's at least a dozen "civilian" ones flying in restricted airspace every day. Each following no known flight plan, covering large areas at the time.

Last edited:
I don't know, there's many who'd go off doing their own thing having got there through a crowded room/building, without giving a second thought about going through.

Speaking as one who will happily plan detours to avoid cities, sports venues and even moderately crowded parks at the best of times, I don't think you can blame me for that.

Manchester had six on the runway mid-afternoon on Friday.

That is quite a traffic jam.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
It's Scotland remember..
heat in the middle of the night?:laugh:

Jeez, I've never seen it so busy out..
Folk walking and the odd cyclist in the middle of nowhere etc and I nipped onto the canal bank for about a mile, chaotic:ohmy:
Visited Bannockburn, had a wee cycle round the visitor centre.
I still never found the route I had mentally noted, did a bit of cyclocross, poor Polly had to get humphed up a load of wooden stairs:laugh:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
It's Scotland remember..

Folk walking and the odd cyclist in the middle of nowhere etc and I nipped onto the canal bank for about a mile, chaotic:ohmy:
I still never found the route I had mentally noted, did a bit of cyclocross, poor Polly had to get humphed up a load of wooden stairs:laugh:
I should have got my arse in gear and got out earlier. Beautiful afternoon for a walk but I can only imagine what it will be like around here on a day like this so will do my duty and give it a miss.

classic33

Leg End Member
It's Scotland remember..

t'weren't me!!

If you don't go out at those times, early morning, how will you know?

Top Bottom