Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I noticed the same thing with the grit bins here. I suppose it's reasonable given that we are close to mid November.

Just fetched Mrs B back from the Day Centre so we'll be heading over to 'the bungalow' for a walk round the building and the area. Have to keep things in her head as best we can.
They solved the grit bin filling issue years ago here. They removed them, therefore they've no need to worry about filling them.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Well, I've just had an unusual 2 days! Started on Wednesday afternoon with a bit of a stomach ache. Slowly began with a temperature and feeling awful, went to bed early.

11.30pm Mrs A_T woke me up as I'd been violently sick in my sleep... she got started cleaning the bed up while I spent the time sitting in the bathroom chucking up regularly and watching the world fall out of my bottom until 9:30am this [Thursday] morning... 2pm this afternoon finally getting back to some normality- lost 6lbs in less than 16 hours! Everyone needs a good purge now and again, but I'd not recommend this way!

No idea what set it off. Mrs A_T's OK, thank goodness.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, I've just had an unusual 2 days! Started on Wednesday afternoon with a bit of a stomach ache. Slowly began with a temperature and feeling awful, went to bed early.

11.30pm Mrs A_T woke me up as I'd been violently sick in my sleep... she got started cleaning the bed up while I spent the time sitting in the bathroom chucking up regularly and watching the world fall out of my bottom until 9:30am this [Thursday] morning... 2pm this afternoon finally getting back to some normality- lost 6lbs in less than 16 hours! Everyone needs a good purge now and again, but I'd not recommend this way!

No idea what set it off. Mrs A_T's OK, thank goodness.
Hopefully it'll be a one-off event, and you're over the worst of whatever caused it.

Nowt iffy eaten?

classic33

Leg End Member
It's only partly like that here insofar as some bins are removed in spring but then brought back in autumn - I suppose it combats vandalism.
We'd the gritters out late June this year.
As for grit bins, the council have nearly 200 of them. Between 30 and 50 of them being reserved for the town centre. Forecast dependent.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
They've been listening to those weather forecasters. There's a cold snap due, which will see temperatures plummet to zero.

Enjoy the late lunch
It was showing 36f on my wahoo t'other day..
it was freezin' going downhill :laugh:

I noticed the same thing with the grit bins here. I suppose it's reasonable given that we are close to mid November.

Just fetched Mrs B back from the Day Centre so we'll be heading over to 'the bungalow' for a walk round the building and the area. Have to keep things in her head as best we can.
The council I worked with, like all others here got a bung from the Scottish Government to re-equip with snow clearing equipment..
Seriously, they bought all sots of s*** machinery, snow blowers which the sales bloke ran a 'how to use it' and admitted he wondered why they bought them..

BUNG?

but when push came to shove , we all headed out, 4 to 6 inch deep snow...a snow blower each and f*** me, useless, it was back to shovels and grit off the back of the pick-up..it was anything to save the manual worker getting an easier time..
it was the one job I totally hated as I wound my time down..

Anyway, watch out.
We wanted a bungalow, then Mrs M decided a house instead...
but not at the top of a hill for me cycling home..
I get minimum half a mile coast home, lovely...

classic33

Leg End Member
It was showing 36f on my wahoo t'other day..
it was freezin' going downhill :laugh:

The council I worked with, like all others here got a bung from the Scottish Government to re-equip with snow clearing equipment..
Seriously, they bought all sots of s*** machinery, snow blowers which the sales bloke ran a 'how to use it' and admitted he wondered why they bought them..

BUNG?

but when push came to shove , we all headed out, 4 to 6 inch deep snow...a snow blower each and f*** me, useless, it was back to shovels and grit off the back of the pick-up..it was anything to save the manual worker getting an easier time..
it was the one job I totally hated as I wound my time down..

Anyway, watch out.
We wanted a bungalow, then Mrs M decided a house instead...
but not at the top of a hill for me cycling home..
I get minimum half a mile coast home, lovely...
You use your "wahoo" to check the temperature regularly, when out on the bike?

We don't get enough snow these days. Nor does it hang around as long as it used to.

Did you take a snow blower home when you found they were useless.

How do you coast home, uphill.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
You use your "wahoo" to check the temperature regularly, when out on the bike?

We don't get enough snow these days. Nor does it hang around as long as it used to.

Did you take a snow blower home when you found they were useless.

How do you coast home, uphill.
It has a Temp thingy..
It's 2020, it will..
Nah, just a snow shovel:laugh:
Nah, down the hill

and will now float all night long, yas:okay:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Morning all:hello:
Lazy day, a mix of domestic duties and radio:ohmy:
There's only 58 minutes left of tonight!

Your wahoo has a temperature thingy.

That's you sorted, when it starts snowing then.
Bottom left..
IMG_1280 (1).jpeg

Top Bottom