Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
172traindriver

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Sithi

And check under the bed!!

Who was I looking for?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Good morning all:hello:

Windy as out, maybe a lazy day:blush:

Did I heck, bottom bracket was not as smooth as it should be, so I got it replaced, up on the stand later and hopefully process of elimination.
It was windy but I have been out. Showers were forecast so took the hybrid with mudguards on just in case but turned out quite nice apart from the pesky wind.

43 miles before brekkie. Round Glendevon Reservoir which is extremely low for the time of year and we have a nice spell forecast to come. Maybe water rationing in Scotland this year...........practically unheard of.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
It was windy but I have been out. Showers were forecast so took the hybrid with mudguards on just in case but turned out quite nice apart from the pesky wind.

43 miles before brekkie. Round Glendevon Reservoir which is extremely low for the time of year and we have a nice spell forecast to come. Maybe water rationing in Scotland this year...........practically unheard of.
Well done,
I may head out but an easy 20 I think.

Checked frame over, nothing untoward.
Greased pedals, seat post, skewers.
Did the chain..
A quick wipe down so may as well head out and see if I still squeak...
It's just like the days when I had motorbikes,
always something that I couldn't pinpoint the problem...

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Well done,
I may head out but an easy 20 I think.

Checked frame over, nothing untoward.
Greased pedals, seat post, skewers.
Did the chain..
A quick wipe down so may as well head out and see if I still squeak...
It's just like the days when I had motorbikes,
always something that I couldn't pinpoint the problem...
My spd pedals often start squeaking unless I give them a squirt of oil occasionally but you don't use them do you. It's really hard to make out where squeaks and rattles are coming from on a bike I find.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good Morning :hello:
Still here, nowt under the bed.
Good morning folks. I can see a bit of sun....:hello:
Both eyes open now!
Good morning all:hello:

Windy as out, maybe a lazy day:blush:

Did I heck, bottom bracket was not as smooth as it should be, so I got it replaced, up on the stand later and hopefully process of elimination.

Sending it down South, same as here.

Morning!!
Slap The Idiot.jpg

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
My spd pedals often start squeaking unless I give them a squirt of oil occasionally but you don't use them do you. It's really hard to make out where squeaks and rattles are coming from on a bike I find.
Bob is now squeak free:okay:
I fitted DMR V8s, I should have done the process of elimination but it's all now added to (more) regular maintenance.
A howling day out there and the only time I got it at my back was just under a mile from home, cross wind most of the time.
Glad I headed out, wind starting to not bother me:ohmy:
Did some 'exploring', yeah, bloody benchmarks (see thread elsewhere):laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Bob is now squeak free:okay:
I fitted DMR V8s, I should have done the process of elimination but it's all now added to (more) regular maintenance.
A howling day out there and the only time I got it at my back was just under a mile from home, cross wind most of the time.
Glad I headed out, wind starting to not bother me:ohmy:
Did some 'exploring', yeah, bloody benchmarks (see thread elsewhere):laugh:
And the bike?

MikeG

Guru
No, I've been brick laying today: retaining walls, and a potting shed & greenhouse. The retaining wall is circular, so the bricklaying was slow, slow, slow.

I couldn't say hi this morning because my computer crashed, and it takes about 10 minutes to reboot these days. It's getting old and curmudgeonly. I finished the bricklaying, then went to move some blocks into position for laying them tomorrow, only to find that they've delivered 7 Newton blocks rather than 3.5, which are just too heavy. They'll have to go back. Which means I might have time to do the other roof of my workshop, the small one, tomorrow, instead.

Top Bottom