Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I can't walk!

I must say everyone did a fantastic job, but special mention to @TurboTommy who clearly holds a bit back in the chaingang rides - or he's more of a morning person - as he was outstanding today :notworthy:

Cheers Bridgy that's very kind mate. It really was great riding with you all. I just buried myself to be honest as we all did and knowing that you were all pushing so hard was massive motivation. I don't know how you finished the last stage... And stage 2, your clarity of thought when my cycling torettes was kicking in, was much needed!

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
My favourite bit was Tommy and Bridgy mugging Fromling at the end of Stage 2!

View: https://youtu.be/fWXZHH7KpqY?t=43m30s

And well done to AAAC beating Jacob in closely contested finishes in both Stage 2 and Stage 3! :wahhey:

<Tommy>

Check out 29 seconds into the Stage 3 Velodrome where Daddy Pig goes from 86 km/h to 9.5 km/h in a split second whilst doing 1,142 Watts.

View: https://youtu.be/_ILZ8zT1QbA?t=29s

3 seconds at almost a standstill and then straight back to 60 km/h, but he went from 4th to 8th whilst spinning! Without that it seems likely that he would have finished higher...

You wuz robbed...

I'd forgot about that... so nasty

<Tommy>

I saw Tommy hit 190bpm and with some high average powers. These youngsters :tongue:. Well done Tommy and everyone else :okay:

Cheers Andy

I think AAAC had finished by that point and him and Geoff spectating were telling me to keep an eye on my HR!

Stage 2 felt great but I payed for it in stage 3.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Unbelievable... Tommy what are you on? Amazing power. And Bridgy taking Fromling in the last 250m.... you didn't just mug him, he was bloody kneecapped!
We must focus on our small victories depite the overall result!

BILL S

Guru
Thanks for all he support fellow Cycle-chatters. I got the feeling there might have been a few who were worried about me getting stage 2 finished before stage 3 started but actually I had it all under control (honest!). I knew I could go a bit quicker but I also knew I had no chance of not coming last when I saw how everyone else was on the hill. Best thing for me to do was to go for the 1 point and try and save myself for the velodrome. Happy to have scored 8 points though as I'd guessed I might get 6 when I considered who we were up against. Team GB was surprisingly strong and I think the performances of AAAC, Bridgy, Daddy Pig and Tommy were outstanding. I think you guys all perhaps hold something back when we do our usual races.

Top Bottom