Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
My pro is seriously screwing with my planned rides. Because the planned rides are ftp based it means the higher ftp I'm getting from the pro makes the planned sessions harder as there seems to be a step up in resistance going from a normal ride to a planned ride. This is shown in the power readings of the vectors. I think I am going to have to manually set my ftp to around 200w and do the planned session before any normal ones. I'll have to use the planned sessions as a warm up for my LEJoG league rides until I finish both.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Saw someone riding DP's bike today.
Looked a bit like him but I wasn't sure:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRysuQ_JxOIi6CQOjtzxcIfYWlPwglK7yTpAGtOal5ygb9U73cQcw.jpg

CXRAndy

Guru
oops, i meant 12k km ... not enough k's

When I get back from my spring trip, I will order a new belt. Mine has done at least 12K Km so is probably in need of changing. I will measure the amount of lateral movement of the old belt before I fit the new one and let you have the detail, to help you setup your belt. Hopefully it will be fine afterwards ^_^

If Boxers is feeling brave, he could remove cowling(4 screws) and do a measurement on a new Kickr:okay:
It would be interesting to see in comparison to mine which is 3 years+ old how much slack has developed

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
When I get back from my spring trip, I will order a new belt. Mine has done at least 12K Km so is probably in need of changing. I will measure the amount of lateral movement of the old belt before I fit the new one and let you have the detail, to help you setup your belt. Hopefully it will be fine afterwards ^_^

If Boxers is feeling brave, he could remove cowling(4 screws) and do a measurement on a new Kickr:okay:
It would be interesting to see in comparison to mine which is 3 years+ old how much slack has developed
:eek:

I took the classic apart and it's still in bits on my worktop :cry:

Last edited:

BILL S

Guru
If we're doing a handicap race tonight, can we test whether the ride can be found if I start it by doing what we did last Tuesday? That consisted of me starting a dummy warm-up at 6:40 and then some of you joined as close to 6:40 as possible. That way we knew if the race could be found when we started the proper warm-up at 6:50.

Alternatively, if @bridgy or anyone else who knows the required procedure including:

1. Scheduling stouby sejet and setting up with password at time of scheduling (adding password at start of session does not work). Do this from the Details tab in the setup. Make sure under category, the type of session is personal, and the password is input there.
2. Set to not use "real weather".
3. Schedule the stouby sejet which is recorded by bkool (not by a bkool user as it won't be identical).

bridgy

Legendary Member
If we're doing a handicap race tonight, can we test whether the ride can be found if I start it by doing what we did last Tuesday? That consisted of me starting a dummy warm-up at 6:40 and then some of you joined as close to 6:40 as possible. That way we knew if the race could be found when we started the proper warm-up at 6:50.

Alternatively, if @bridgy or anyone else who knows the required procedure including:

1. Scheduling stouby sejet and setting up with password at time of scheduling (adding password at start of session does not work). Do this from the Details tab in the setup. Make sure under category, the type of session is personal, and the password is input there.
2. Set to not use "real weather".
3. Schedule the stouby sejet which is recorded by bkool (not by a bkool user as it won't be identical).
@BILL S I have scheduled the ride just in case I need to start it - I just copied the session I did last Tuesday so should be the correct one. Password set as "chase". Will see if you can be found at 18.40 but I will be ready to step in if needed. Only thing I'll probably forget to do is turn real weather off!

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
If we can get the attendance we could try a team time trial handicap?

Depending on numbers something like:

Beige - @rob01792, @Goldwolfie, @Arkone56, Martyn,
Green - @Jim Brown, @Whorty (KICKR), @berty bassett, @Del C, @bert1971, @Add
(Not) Red - @perswe, @LBHIFI, @BaldyZ1, @Aleman, @JJRobinson, @keithaitch
Blue - @peterob, @BILL S, @bridgy, @AAAC 76C

Might have to move a few around to compensate for riders who can't make it tonight?

Anyone on that list can't make it? Anyone else want to join in?

If we can't make the numbers, just do a normal Handicap. Or we could do a hybrid, with teams where we can, individuals where we can't?

bridgy

Legendary Member

Might have to move a few around to compensate for riders who can't make it tonight?

If we can't make the numbers, just do a normal Handicap. Or we could do a hybrid, with teams where we can, individuals where we can't?
Good idea Geoff. I intend to be there and would be happy with either - thanks.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member

How do Uncle Geoff..

I’ve got two Lejog stages to complete then I’ll be back to the CG.

Cheers

Jim

Top Bottom