Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimceltic

Veteran
It sometimes takes a few minutes for me to be able to approve them, but after a Thursday or Saturday session I try to do it as soon as I am able. They then register in the stage and then later in the overall league so I understand the frustration of having to wait, not knowing why the results aren't showing.
Congrats on 5th place, hugely deserved. I really look forward to the tussle you and three or four others are having its what makes this league great, racing hard, with respect, against people we chat with rather than just some random person.
Onward into November which has something for everyone.
Thanks for the effort to organise and keep the league going.

Breedon

Legendary Member
It sometimes takes a few minutes for me to be able to approve them, but after a Thursday or Saturday session I try to do it as soon as I am able. They then register in the stage and then later in the overall league so I understand the frustration of having to wait, not knowing why the results aren't showing.
Congrats on 5th place, hugely deserved. I really look forward to the tussle you and three or four others are having its what makes this league great, racing hard, with respect, against people we chat with rather than just some random person.
Onward into November which has something for everyone.
I should be able to do all stages for the next League ^_^

keithaitch

Veteran
Guys I'd like your feedback.
There are a couple of riders, who don't contribute here and who achieve let's say dubious results on their rides and I'm wondering if I should be approving their rides.
On the one hand great, the more the merrier, but I don't like the league being distorted by rides that appear to fix to be true and by people we don't know.
I have no problem with losing, my God I learnt that lesson from @BILL S @Brusgaard and @AAAC 76C last winter but I don't particularly want to compete with somebody who beats me by over two minutes while producing 60% of their maximum output as per Xoaquim's attempt at stage 4. I'm not a bad rider, I win my age category in sportives and hold my own with the fast kids half my age but that's on a level playing field.
My question is should I approve the rides from dark and xoaquim or not?

shimceltic

Veteran
There are a couple of riders, who don't contribute here and who achieve let's say dubious results on their rides and I'm wondering if I should be approving their rides.
On the one hand great, the more the merrier, but I don't like the league being distorted by rides that appear to fix to be true and by people we don't know.
I have no problem with losing, my God I learnt that lesson from @BILL S @Brusgaard and @AAAC 76C last winter but I don't particularly want to compete with somebody who beats me by over two minutes while producing 60% of their maximum output as per Xoaquim's attempt at stage 4. I'm not a bad rider, I win my age category in sportives and hold my own with the fast kids half my age but that's on a level playing field.
Can you contact them and ask them to come say hello so we know they are human? I like this community so they should at least pop in after to say thanks. Probably like them I join any league going just to have something on.... But the other league admins don't question me coming 20th :laugh:

Last edited:

keithaitch

Veteran
Can you contact them and ask them to come day hello so we know they are human? I like this community so they should at least pop in after to say thanks. Probably like them I join any league going just to have something on.... But the other league admins don't question me coming 20th :laugh:
Bkool hasn't yet found a legal way, data protection laws, to allow Admins to contact league members, so I can't. It's why previously you needed to join via contacting here first. When numbers dropped I thought the most important thing was to get numbers back up so I'm currently approving anybody who asks to join and hope that having mentioned it to them bkool will find a way for Admins to directly contact league members.

shimceltic

Veteran
Bkool hasn't yet found a legal way, data protection laws, to allow Admins to contact league members, so I can't. It's why previously you needed to join via contacting here first. When numbers dropped I thought the most important thing was to get numbers back up so I'm currently approving anybody who asks to join and hope that having mentioned it to them bkool will find a way for Admins to directly contact league members.
For me I know I'm not winning so someone like dark I just accept. If/when😜 I'm challenging for the title I'd be pissed off if I suspected some random person was winning suspiciously.

Tough call. You don't want to offend any legitimate riders but if they are cheating it is probably because they found out about the $30,000 grand prize for the overall league winner at the end of the season. ... Or why else cheat?

Mark68

Über Member
Hi,

Really enjoying the group rides. Still figuring out how the bkool website works and doing the various routes. Just a little confused on their website about doing the routes i have missed from passed weeks. Is it possible to ride the routes from say week 1 and it be included in the league results?

Also after reading through the recent posts what is the route approval about?

Mark68

Über Member
Geoff, i have a heart rate watch that can have limits set with an audible tone. Quite decent, but i find looking at the bottom of the screen quite handy for referring to HR and watts.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Also just though. How will i be able to join in with the November rides?
As long as you are a member of the Chain Gang group on Bkool.com, the league races will automatically be scheduled.

If you want to ride (or re-ride) a previous league ride, just click on the ride details for one of us who has already done it, and press Challenge. You can then add ghosts/bots if want to under Sessions->Scheduled. When saved (EDIT button) you must afterwards select it from the Leagues section in BSIM and do the ride.

But REMEMBER you HAVE to do the ride before the current league closes, and preferably the day before! This months league closes today (27th), so even if you do one today, you risk it not being approved and it will not count.

If you do it early in the day on the last day AND ask one of the group/league admins to approve it ASAP, then MAYBE it will count. But there is no way to be sure, that the admins read (and act) on your request, and if they do, that the Bkool system includes in it the final ranking when it processes it in the evening. I think the time of day is included in the closing time, not just the date. :sad:

Joining the live races is the better way to ensure your rides count - and more fun for everybody! :boxing:

The league admin has to approve each ride in the league. They can see some basic data, and if things look fishy they can choose NOT to approve it. That could be like a 20kg weight loss (or gain) since the last league ride, indicating someone was a bit creative relative to the route profile. :smile:

Last edited:

keithaitch

Veteran
As long as you are a member of the Chain Gang group on Bkool.com, the league races will automatically be scheduled.

If you want to ride (or re-ride) a previous league ride, just click on the ride details for one of us who has already done it, and press Challenge. You can then add ghosts/bots if want to under Sessions->Scheduled. When saved (EDIT button) you must afterwards select it from the Leagues section in BSIM and do the ride.

But REMEMBER you HAVE to do the ride before the current league closes, and preferably the day before! This months league closes today (27th), so even if you do one today, you risk it not being approved and it will not count.

If you do it early in the day on the last day AND ask one of the group/league admins to approve it ASAP, then MAYBE it will count. But there is no way to be sure, that the admins read (and act) on your request, and if they do, that the Bkool system includes in it the final ranking when it processes it in the evening. I think the time of day is included in the closing time, not just the date. :sad:

Joining the live races is the better way to ensure your rides count - and more fun for everybody! :boxing:

The league admin has to approve each ride in the league. They can see some basic data, and if things look fishy they can choose NOT to approve it. That could be like a 20kg weight loss (or gain) since the last league ride, indicating someone was a bit creative relative to the route profile. :smile:
Thx, perfect answer.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member

Once upon a time, riders had to come here first to confirm a request to join the CG. Just because that rule has been relaxed in recent months doesn’t mean it no longer exists. If you suspect foul play - remove them.

I periodically remove members from my league who join but don’t ride any stages - they clutter up my group. If they want to ride in the future, they will rejoin.. 👍

Top Bottom