Tektro Bleeding kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bought this Chumxiny bleeding kit online for £18.99 for Tektro and Shimano, may be other brands too, used today on a set of tektro draco brakes, I bought in 2010 and 2013 believe it or not but have only bled once before with cheaper syringe and funnel, the yellow one in kit.
Tbh Tektro are classed as cheap rubbish but they have been faultless since I bought, the green pads are readily available anywhere as same as certain clarks and shimano's, organic resin type and seem to last forever.

Today I removed them off bike to give them a thorough clean and front caliper had 1 lively piston and a lazy one so pulled lever until they were showing about 2 or 3mm of sides the with some brake cleaner and cotton bud cleaned all round it, then dripped some mineral oil on it which ran round then pushed them both in flush then pulled again eventually the lazy side picked up pace to match lively one then pushed them home again.
I then found correct brass bleed port screw and attached to clear funnel filled syringe with fluid and put over caliper nipple, I then pushed new fluid in and expected cup/funnel to go black but to my surprise fluid was still red and see through 🤔
Once all fluid was in I nipped up nipple and pull lever, tapped hose etc and repeated until there wasn't a bubble in sight by which time the lever had really positively firmed up and felt better than it ever has.
Repeated process on rear brake no lazy pistons on that one and now both feel great.
Back on bike and working as they have since 2010 or so, but now with a more positive feel to them.
Anyway thanks for reading, the kit I bought is great, impressed with brass port attachment screws, and even the syringes come with spare silicone plunger seals, and all unscrew to clean out with ease, was mess free and did a professional job, would highly recommend to anyone with similar brakes, it was so faff free that I will be doing them every couple of years from now on, forgot to mention it also came with 150ml of red mineral oil, 7 and 8 mm spanner and torx key for bleed port screw.

Attachments

• 20240428_170723.jpg
    20240428_170723.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240428_170758.jpg
    20240428_170758.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240428_173430.jpg
    20240428_173430.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Top Bottom